Message system broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message system broken

When someone sends me a message and I click on it (in the drop down menu), I get an error

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Till it's fixed, click on message centre and all your messages are viewable to click on and read.

Comment

Thanks - the people I'm replying to don't know that either!
      So the conversations are impossible.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

No disrespect..... nor inference to you.
        Well, If I figured it out, a lowly insignificant, none university educated person, ( but still with letters after my name ) by going to the message centre in the drop down menu, instead of individual messages from the drop down menu, I'm sure others can figure it out.- - - eventually.

But members should also be thankful that this is a free site, and any changes or upgrades always have their problems.

If members remember when they upgraded from version 4 to 5 proboards ( or whatever it was ) the site just did not work, and they had to delete issue 5 and revert back to 4.7 ( or whatever it was at the time )

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
          Well, If I figured it out, a lowly insignificant, none university educated person, ( but still with letters after my name ) by going to the message centre in the drop down menu, instead of individual messages from the drop down menu, I'm sure others can figure it out.- - - eventually.
          No offence taken!

I figured it out, but (obviously) can't tell the people I'm replying to.
          Who then send me messages to tell me they can't see my replies.

I worked for a software development company - I don't mind things not working, but it is nicer when they do get fixed.
          Hence me raising it here.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Message system broken
            by jpkeates
            No offence taken!

I figured it out, but (obviously) can't tell the people I'm replying to.
            Who then send me messages to tell me they can't see my replies.

I worked for a software development company - I don't mind things not working, but it is nicer when they do get fixed....
            03-12-2019, 11:14 AM
          • Message system broken
            by jpkeates
            When someone sends me a message and I click on it (in the drop down menu), I get an error...
            02-12-2019, 08:54 AM
            by ram
            Well, If I figured it out, a lowly insignificant, none university educated person, ( but still with letters after my name ) by going to the message centre in the drop down menu, instead of individual messages from the drop down menu, I'm sure others can...
            03-12-2019, 10:37 AM
            by jpkeates
            Thanks - the people I'm replying to don't know that either!
            So the conversations are impossible.
            03-12-2019, 09:13 AM
            by ram
            Till it's fixed, click on message centre and all your messages are viewable to click on and read.
            02-12-2019, 17:12 PM
          • Showing Appreciation
            by scot22
            I have had a lot of benefit from the forum. Forget which forum but at the bottom of posts there was a charity suggestion for people to support. I wonder if some arrangement made by the forum to click and contribute. Obvious everything voluntarily.
            I am grateful to a few people that I would...
            17-11-2019, 20:37 PM
          • Reply to Showing Appreciation
            by nukecad
            Forum software is being stupid.
            I'll try again later.
            21-11-2019, 19:03 PM
            by nukecad
            I oncr had an occasion on the disability forum
            21-11-2019, 19:01 PM
            by scot22
            Why should anyone feel obligated to give ?
            I think it gives an opportunity for people who are grateful to feel they are giving something back to a cause valued by the person giving advice.
            However, if not wanted so be it. I see no problem with it.
            21-11-2019, 18:55 PM
            by Lawcruncher
            When I posted on Garden Law I had a signature which said: "If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity." No one objected. I cannot think what is objectionable about it. Some of us spend a lot of time on here for no reward knowing that the...
            21-11-2019, 16:16 PM
          Working...
          X