Showing Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Appreciation

I have had a lot of benefit from the forum. Forget which forum but at the bottom of posts there was a charity suggestion for people to support. I wonder if some arrangement made by the forum to click and contribute. Obvious everything voluntarily.
    I am grateful to a few people that I would like to make a tangible recognition.

Personally, I don't think these forums are the right platform to post charity requests.

Comment

Apologies, I've obviously not been clear. I was not meaning postings charity requests. However, some of the help I've had from the forum would have cost around 250 pounds at least from a solicitor. I will make my own private charity contribution, but thought it wouldbe nice it it were to a charity the person who was so generous supports.
      If not thought a good idea then that's fine.
      Thanks for giving an honest opinion.

Comment

All advice offered on these forums should be freely given, openly stated charitable donations in response might seem fine, but other people receiving advice should not feel obliged to follow suit, and for example a signature line like 'If my advice has been useful please feel free to donate to ....' would not be acceptable.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

When I posted on Garden Law I had a signature which said: "If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity." No one objected. I cannot think what is objectionable about it. Some of us spend a lot of time on here for no reward knowing that the site-owners are making money. I have no problem with that, but making a general request to consider a charitable donation (not necessarily to a cancer charity) is a more than a reasonable quid pro quo.

Comment

Why should anyone feel obligated to give ?
            I think it gives an opportunity for people who are grateful to feel they are giving something back to a cause valued by the person giving advice.
            However, if not wanted so be it. I see no problem with it.

Comment

I oncr had an occasion on the disability forum

Comment

Forum software is being stupid.
                I'll try again later.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Message system broken
                  by jpkeates
                  When someone sends me a message and I click on it (in the drop down menu), I get an error...
                  02-12-2019, 08:54 AM
                • Reply to Message system broken
                  by jpkeates
                  No offence taken!

I figured it out, but (obviously) can't tell the people I'm replying to.
                  Who then send me messages to tell me they can't see my replies.

I worked for a software development company - I don't mind things not working, but it is nicer when they do get fixed....
                  03-12-2019, 11:14 AM
                  by ram
                  No disrespect..... nor inference to you.
                  Well, If I figured it out, a lowly insignificant, none university educated person, ( but still with letters after my name ) by going to the message centre in the drop down menu, instead of individual messages from the drop down menu, I'm sure others can...
                  03-12-2019, 10:37 AM
                  by jpkeates
                  Thanks - the people I'm replying to don't know that either!
                  So the conversations are impossible.
                  03-12-2019, 09:13 AM
                  by ram
                  Till it's fixed, click on message centre and all your messages are viewable to click on and read.
                  02-12-2019, 17:12 PM
                • Reply to Showing Appreciation
                  by nukecad
                  Forum software is being stupid.
                  I'll try again later.
                  21-11-2019, 19:03 PM
                • Showing Appreciation
                  by scot22
                  I have had a lot of benefit from the forum. Forget which forum but at the bottom of posts there was a charity suggestion for people to support. I wonder if some arrangement made by the forum to click and contribute. Obvious everything voluntarily.
                  I am grateful to a few people that I would...
                  17-11-2019, 20:37 PM
                  by nukecad
                  I oncr had an occasion on the disability forum
                  21-11-2019, 19:01 PM
                  by scot22
                  Why should anyone feel obligated to give ?
                  I think it gives an opportunity for people who are grateful to feel they are giving something back to a cause valued by the person giving advice.
                  However, if not wanted so be it. I see no problem with it.
                  21-11-2019, 18:55 PM
                  by Lawcruncher
                  When I posted on Garden Law I had a signature which said: "If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity." No one objected. I cannot think what is objectionable about it. Some of us spend a lot of time on here for no reward knowing that the...
                  21-11-2019, 16:16 PM
                Working...
                X