Adware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adware

I cannot get into the forum via the home page. For the last few days I keep getting adware: https://trends.gb.net/trends. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a cure?

It happened to me. My not too serious thought was that too many people were complaining about the spam filter being too aggressive, that they replaced the whole site with spam.

However, I think they actually messed up a DNS (Domain Name Server) setting and we get directed to cyber squatting site. The error was cached and the cache entries expired for different people at different times, so some people got back on before others.

Comment

I think it was sorted but your browser is still picking up the old redirect. Clear your browser cache.

Comment

I've cleared the cache and it has sorted he problem, thank you.

Comment

me too - it was annoying but now sorted. If only all our problems were so easily solved!
          Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I saw it happening.

You could get to the main site but always got redirected if trying to get to the forum.

Long story short I ruled out my PC or router.
            I sent them a 'contact us' message from the main site and it was sorted within an hour or two. (I hadn't cleared my cache).
            So looks like it was a server side issue.

Comment

Run this https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ download on your PC just to be on the safe side .
              Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Best way to search forums
                by Moderator2
                Please avoid posting in threads more than 6 months old, and even then post only if you have something of significant value to add. Old threads can contain legally out of date advice.
                03-05-2020, 12:15 PM
              • Best way to search forums
                by kennyj52
                I've been using the forums for a couple of years now and have always found them interesting and informative as well as often very helpful. I usually search for answers to my questions in existing threads, however there doesn't appear to be a quick and easy way of doing this, so I end up scanning through...
                01-05-2020, 12:11 PM
              • Reply to Best way to search forums
                by jpkeates
                Use google.
                [list of search terms] site:forums.landlordzone.co.uk
                01-05-2020, 12:38 PM
              • Define trolling
                by scot22
                I was recently, quite rightly, criticised by the moderator for trying to exceed my role on the forum. The moderation was fair, reasonable and balanced. I was disappointed to be labelled a troll. Something I've always associated with foul and aggressive internet use. I've always tried to promote...
                20-04-2020, 16:26 PM
              • Reply to Define trolling
                by scot22
                Thanks moderators I appreciate the clarity and the factors you consider ( very reasonable )
                Its a shame that people who are courteous and knowledgeable such as Lawcruncher should suffer abuse.
                26-04-2020, 16:10 PM
                by Lawcruncher
                If you are referring to House Price Crash Forum I have had some run-ins there as well....
                25-04-2020, 10:46 AM
                by boletus
                Pretty shoddy treatment indeed but try posting about the possibility of a house price rise on the anti-landlord website you're a member of.
                25-04-2020, 10:34 AM
                by Moderator2
                I pretty much go with the definition that Mrs Mug posted above, so when I see someone accusing another forum member of ‘trolling’ then that is likely to attract my attention in a negative way for the person making the accusation.

If I see a new member posting such an accusation openly...
                24-04-2020, 11:50 AM
              Working...
              X