Out of date and sticky thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of date and sticky thread

There's a locked sticky thread in the Residential Letting Questions thread - Housing Act 1988 (as amended) for reference

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...-for-reference

It's hopelessly out of date and now doesn't reflect the actual legislation in some key areas - particularly s21.

Now the government's legislation pages are available (albeit usually slightly out of date) is this really neccessary?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Thanks to whoever hid this!
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Just me, not hiden, just un-stickied, so it dropped down the thread list to the date of its last update.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Thanks anyway - really helpful!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Suggestion for forum
          by theartfullodger
          Indeed! Some of my c**k-ups have been both very instructive & very painful/expensive!...
          05-02-2020, 17:24 PM
        • Suggestion for forum
          by hcaelblana
          May I suggest a more balanced approach toward landlords as opposed to landlordzone's tenant-centric views it promotes through its regular members? I've noticed the forum tends to support members who defend tenants and look down on landlords as a general rule, and vice versa. It would be of great help...
          04-02-2020, 18:52 PM
          by Moderator2
          It would be very difficult to control the bias of the forum in any practical way, and it’s not something LLZ was set up to do. I don’t believe there is a general problem even though some might be able to point to specific threads where questionable advice has been given.

I would also...
          05-02-2020, 17:17 PM
          by jpkeates
          Every landlord experience is a free lesson for other landlords.
          I've learned a huge amount from other landlord's cock ups (many of which I was also guilty of).
          05-02-2020, 14:59 PM
          by AndrewDod
          Remember that many "good" landlords LOVE the bizarre and convoluted legislation that hammers both tenants and landlords. The more bizarre, convoluted, damaging, time consuming and costly the better. Especially loved by large landlords or agency-landlords with large portfolios who can deal...
          05-02-2020, 14:23 PM
          by nukecad
          This is a very good point, and one which we also raise frequently on a disability/benefits forum where I'm a regular.

When things are going right people don't need to look for advice, and have no need to ask questions on a forum.

So you only see the stories where things have...
          05-02-2020, 14:12 PM
          by jpkeates
          Anyone can sign up and post here.
          If the advice on the forum seems biased in favour of tenants, it would be possible for someone to offer a balancing opinion.

The operators of this forum don't have much ability to set a forum policy as such.

People who come to the forums...
          05-02-2020, 11:55 AM
          by JK0
          I raised this point some years ago: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...hate-landlords
          04-02-2020, 19:25 PM
          by nukecad
          For real?

You would prefer to only see one side of things.

I see mostly landlords as regular members here, with a sprinkling of tenant regular members to give a different viewpoint.
          As well as some who have been both - and maybe still are both at the same time.
          04-02-2020, 19:19 PM
        Working...
        X