Troublesome tennant

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Troublesome tennant

    Hi everyone,

    I have had a tenant in my property since novemeber 2013 on a assured shorthold tenanancy.

    She’s payed 1100 PCM since then with 1100 deposit. I served her a section 13 notice around 12 months ago as all the other apartments are rented for 1300 PCM. She flatly refused as she’s a single parent and can’t afford it. As I felt sorry for her I’ve just let it pass and things have carried on.

    Shes always had had issues with paying on time but last month it was due on the 26th and she payed on the 15th of the next month. Now it’s got to the 26th and she’s not payed again. When I asked her she just said “oh it’s changed to the 15th remember” like she can just change the date and I loose out on nearly £700. She’s not the celeverest of girls and when I explained she couldnt do that and it was me loosing money I got no reply.

    Can you guys please advise the process relating to serving her notice now as ive had enough. I’m guessing she’s just going to pay on the 15th when she wants so would I be best to serve her the section 21 on the 16th when I have my money.

    Thankyou for your advise in advance.

    Unless she appealed to tribunal against s13 then it will have happened - see.....

    Simply issue s8 TODAY for all valid grounds (sounds like g10 & 11) and also s21 served TODAY & then evict. Why wait!

    And inform tenant that you may feel duty bound to inform council of rent arrears....

    Just serving a valid s8 or s21 does not end a tenancy nor require tenant to leave. Months more until court order is executed by bailiffs.
    I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


    Latest Activity