Unite to change landlord rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unite to change landlord rights

Hi all. I have read so many things about landlords suffering at the hands of tenants, and how the system stinks,yet I haven't managed to come across anything where we are fighting back. I myself have suffered some nightmare tenants, and imagine it only to get worse. So could we not all stand together and bombard our MPs or whatever it takes?

Because muddy water is best left to clear by leaving it alone. And because you can't fight idiots who don't care about facts and about evidence.

Don't argue for landlords- argue for tenants - for the right of decent civilised tenants to be able to find cost-effective flexible accommodation unhindered by the legislative nightmare.

Anyway, the pendulum will swing out a lot further. Jeremy Corbyn will herald a new
    winter of discontent https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_of_Discontent
    and eventually the population will realise (again) that
    freedom is better than fascism. And we will have clarity once more.

MPs are mostly idiots anyway.

Comment

Being a Landlord is on par with being a social pariah, I hardly ever mention to anyone that I own a second property that I let.
      Make sure you understand the laws and regulations to protect yourself, find a good support group and ideally try to get accredited. It's quite cheap nowdays and it's important for political purposes. Perception is everything.

Agree that most MPs are only as useful as t**s on a bull. Who on Earth with real talent sits in a constituency office listening to mouthbreathers? Very few.

Comment

It just appears to me that decent tenants and decent landlords get screwed over. Yet anyone who is a nightmare seems to get away with it. Where is the middle ground. I get what you are saying, MPs are useless,and the system is only interested in getting more money for themselves,but surely thing's only change if people try and change them. So we just sit back and do nothing while the decent people get screwed over ???.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Issue with site
          EssCee
          Whenever i add a hyperlink to my messages the messages are sent empty. I have tried this on a PC browser, phone browser (Chrome and Edge) and all have the same issue. No error message returned or asn't indication of what i could be doing wrong.

Please could someone advise as this was working...
          16-05-2018, 12:46 PM
        • Reply to Issue with site
          nukecad
          That's a good offer by moderator2.

Personally, where I moderate I also have email notification of moderated posts turned off.
          There are just too many, which would swamp your email inbox.

I do check everyday there by logging into the moderator control panel and looking...
          18-05-2018, 03:27 AM
          Moderator2
          If people see a message that their post has been sent for moderation then please send me a PM and I will then receive an email notification. I do not receive notifications of moderated posts automatically, and would not want to since many moderated posts really are spam. Remember that the action to...
          17-05-2018, 12:31 PM
          EssCee
          I've used and written systems to detect spam, it is possible to make systems user friendly without compromising the security model. Though no system is 100% secure there is a level of tolerance
          17-05-2018, 10:06 AM
          leaseholder64
          It would also allow spammers to take appropriate measures and amend accordingly.
          17-05-2018, 08:59 AM
          EssCee
          Strangely late yesterday, it's working fine. I completely understand that strictness and security required however giving reasons why it occurs in the first place would allow genuine users to amend accordingly and take appropriate measures.
          17-05-2018, 07:28 AM
          nukecad
          Moderation can be - should be - even stricter on PM's than on public posts.

Again I won't go into it because I don't want to give any amateurs ideas, but there are very good reasons why this should be.

PS. I just had a post moderated, like I say happens to us all.
          17-05-2018, 06:25 AM
          EssCee
          No not with forum threads. I've come across this issue when sending a personal message....
          16-05-2018, 13:11 PM
          nukecad
          Do you mean that when you add a link the post is accepted when you 'Post Reply' but is not shown on the forum?

If yes, then it has been sent by the automatic anti-spam filters for moderation (approval by a moderator) before it will be shown.
          It happens to us all now and again, and...
          16-05-2018, 13:04 PM
        Working...
        X