Can DSS pay rent direct to Landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can DSS pay rent direct to Landlord

    I am having issues with my DSS tenant paying my rent on time and in full, the solution we have agreed is for the DSS to pay her benefits directly to me as rent for the property.

    My questions are:

    1. The DSS have said they need to run a Police check on me, mainly focussing on money laundering, is this correct and necessary?

    2. My tenant mentioned a specifc Registered scheme for Landlords, what is this scheme? do i need to apply for it in order to allow the DSS to pay me direct?

    3. My mortgage currently is not buy ti let, so I dont want to jepordize this.
    Please advise!

  • #2
    Originally posted by helz View Post
    I am having issues with my DSS tenant paying my rent on time and in full, the solution we have agreed is for the DSS to pay her benefits directly to me as rent for the property.

    My questions are:

    1. The DSS have said they need to run a Police check on me, mainly focussing on money laundering, is this correct and necessary?
    No it's not correct or necessary. Ask them under what rules they are doing this under. Get it in writing.

    Originally posted by helz View Post

    2. My tenant mentioned a specifc Registered scheme for Landlords, what is this scheme? do i need to apply for it in order to allow the DSS to pay me direct?
    What does the housing benefit department say?

    Originally posted by helz View Post

    3. My mortgage currently is not buy ti let, so I dont want to jepordize this.
    Please advise!
    You are already jeopardising it by renting it out.
    I have never heard of a council requiring proof that you have authority to let out a property though.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think the Police will be the slightest bit interested in checking you out! First I have ever heard of either "condition" but obviously rules vary between areas. I thought the government were piloting schemes which are going to be run out all over the country which mean that it will no longer be possible to pay HB direct to LLs?
      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

      Comment

      Latest Activity

      Collapse

      Working...
      X