Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHA single room rate payable to LL?

Hi

If LL applies to receive LHA direct as T is more than 8 weeks in arrears, will LL recieve the fixed single room rate or the actual rent, which is cheaper than the room rate?

Thanks
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

What does the tenant receive? Is part of the money she receives the £15 excess?

Comment

Originally posted by Emma1973 View Post
      What does the tenant receive? Is part of the money she receives the £15 excess?
      I assume they get the single room rate which is slightly less than £15 more than the rent

Comment

If arrears exist, the landlord will receive the whole of the tenant's Housing Benefit entitlement (including any top-up).

If there are no arrears (or arrears are cleared) the landlord will only receive the actual rent. Any top-up will be awarded to the tenant.
        Michael Clayton

Comment

I am now getting the full single room allowance as you said

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Help finding someone to take Housing Benefit with Pets
            cwmbrwla
            Hello, this is my first post so go easy please!
            This is not intended to be a sob story, just some background: A good friend of mine was recently made dependent on housing benefit after leaving an abusive relationship, and has had to foster her dog and cat in order to get a tenancy. She has a small...
            17-07-2017, 12:19 PM
          • Reply to Help finding someone to take Housing Benefit with Pets
            MisterB
            I didnt realise pets got housing benefits .... although our dog certainly has more benefits than I get !!...
            18-07-2017, 19:58 PM
            cwmbrwla
            thanks for that, it's good to hear a sympathetic voice on here! I'll pass that on.
            18-07-2017, 08:21 AM
            theartfullodger
            You might sere if local CaB has a list of agents taking HB recipients - and also council housing dept.

Given what you describe her as (poor lady...) she should get some priority for the housing register in most councils (but they have different rules..). Certainly worth applying, it's free....
            17-07-2017, 14:38 PM
          • dishonest tenant
            creamcaramel662
            My tenant has been a total nightmare as soon as she moved in the trouble started leaks floods boiler not working after months of battling through this and paying for all repairs she stopped paying rent I issued a section 21 to get her out. I have since found out she has been using my details to commit...
            09-07-2017, 09:57 AM
          • Reply to dishonest tenant
            creamcaramel662
            Oh thanks I didn't know that
            09-07-2017, 11:49 AM
            theartfullodger
            You ain't the first.

Please confirm property is registered at some other address & you've got email also from land registry if anyone tries something?
            09-07-2017, 11:33 AM
            JK0
            Par for the course I'm afraid. I hope you changed the council tax and utilities to tenant name when she moved in, or you have screwed yourself. You can get the council to pay you direct once two months rent is unpaid.
            09-07-2017, 10:58 AM
          • tenant on housing benefit paid direct is rehoused but does not vacate immediately
            Bruce Harvey
            My tenant was given a council house after 8 month continuing tenancy under a section 21 notice. Housing benefit was being paid directly to me.
            Housing benefit was paid up to 4th Jun, but my tenants did not return the keys until 6th July.
            Birmingham Council Houses are refurbished before...
            07-07-2017, 06:45 AM
          • Reply to tenant on housing benefit paid direct is rehoused but does not vacate immediately
            theartfullodger
            It is the tenant who has the liability for rent. Sue him.

However there are sometimes circumstances when HB can be paid twice during change-over, but this one doesn;t sound promising & it requires the tenant to do stuff, fill in forms etc...

Sue tenant: Then either...
            07-07-2017, 09:09 AM
          Working...
          X