X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by Doros786 View Post
    Has any Landlord gone through this process recently and exactly how does it work.
    it's not going to help now.
    UC won't pay any arrears (in any meaningful way).

If the tenants have done a runner, UC won't pay rent going forward either.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Wow..... that is a serious amount of cash, why did it get this bad without starting to evict them sooner.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Did you do reference and credit checks on the T's prior to them renting, where they claiming then or recently? Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if a T is claiming or not claiming, as this is with them and the Government, the DWP will not discuss with any 3rd parties about a claimant unless you have permission from the claimant to do so.

The only thing you can do is evict them, even if the rental started to pay you the rent, it would not back date it for the last +6 months, also if the T has done a runner, why would they text you saying it they will start to pay, this is all stalling tactics, follow through with notice, it's unlikely you will see this money unless they are working. Most important is to get the property back and move on quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Doros786
    started a topic Uc47

Uc47

Hi,

Tenants currently owe £16,200, It seems that they have done a runner.

When I started the UC47, the Benefits agency got back immedaitely to say one tenant wasn't claiming Universal Credit, but no news on the other tenant I did the UC47 process again.

Again one Tenant wasn't claiming, but I got a What's App Message from the other tenant claiming that his Universal Credit was going to be paid to me.

Has any Landlord gone through this process recently and exactly how does it work.

Many Thanks in advance for advice.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X