How can I apply for managed payment of housing element without dob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nukecad
    replied
    Originally posted by mindripper View Post
    When I called universal credit earlier they said that they need his previous address to locate him. He hasn't changed his address to my property address where he has been living since November last year.
    That doesn't add up.

If he hasn't changed his address with them then he cannot be, it's impossible for him to be, claiming UC Housing Element for renting your property.

Either:
    He isn't claiming UC-HE at all, (so you couldn't get a MPTL anyway),
    or,
    The DWP have got the details wrong,
    or,
    He's still claiming UC-HE for his previous address, where he isn't living, and they will be down on him like a ton of bricks for a fraudulent claim.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    So no reference or only a full, honest one if he needs one? Sorry to read your story. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• mindripper
    replied
    He has 3 profiles on Facebook and none say his birthday so can't proceed with the application for direct payment online. It wouldn't work anyway as When I called universal credit earlier they said that they need his previous address to locate him. He hasn't changed his address to my property address where he has been living since November last year. I have hit a brick wall and can't get anywhere. He's living rent free and spending the rent money on himself not paying rent.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    If ever a company director you'll get year and month

Leave a comment:

• davidmartin_uk
    replied
    Try to find him on Face Book or Instagram. To be honest I have made educated guesses from info on those pages. Sometimes I have just had a stab in the dark. One of the huge drawbacks is that the request will be put on the claimants journal and they have to OK it for it to be actioned. If you keep on requesting every month in the end they do it but this its not going to be easy. Also they are very slow in actioning this facilty at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Could you try the electoral roll or a free trial of Ancestry UK?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    The online application for a MPTL is a 'Beta' service. (ie. trial/experimental).

I would have thought the obvious thing to do would be ring UC and ask them.

For support with:
    • setting up a creditor reference number
    • alternative payment arrangement (APA) queries regarding managed payment to landlord – this includes: the start date of payments, when a first payment will be received, the amount of the next payment of Universal Credit housing costs towards rent, and to confirm changes to the amount of housing costs
    • social landlord rent arrears deduction queries, or to stop a deduction
    • overpayments made to landlords

Landlords can contact the Universal Credit service centre:

Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Leave a comment:

• mindripper
    replied
    Well I managed to purchase some credits and unfortunately I can't see his date of birth. I can see a previous address from about 3 years ago. I have tried facebook but can't find his birthday on their. Any other things I could try?

Leave a comment:

• mindripper
    replied
    ok thanks very much for the info, I will look into this now.

Leave a comment:

• Muggins22
    replied
    It might be worthwhile doing a search on People Directory 192.com to find the person on there. I have found out DOBs there before along with previous addresses etc. If you find the person you are looking for you would then just need to pay £5 for credits to enable you to see the full details.

Leave a comment:

• How can I apply for managed payment of housing element without dob?

I made a mistake and didn't take a copy of ID of my tenant. he's not telling me his dob and I need to arrange a direct payment of housing element from his UC, he's in arrears over 2 months. What can I do as it asks for this on the website so I can't proceed?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X