Not All DSS Tenants Are Bad Tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruit picking is adequately paid, often above minimum wage. It's obviously a better fit for young singles than someone with children. Sadly many of our young people are overweight and unfit and not up to a days hard work. Hardly a surprise when you're brought up with snacks in front of a computer instead of playing football in the street. There seems to be more work in the average 55 year old than the average 25 year old. And as has been said above the difficulties of the benefits system discourages people from taking short term work.

Comment

Originally posted by DoricPixie View Post
      Futhermore, the terms of some mortgages and landlord insurance prohibit the letting of property to those in receipt of certain types of benefits.
      That stopped being the case a few years ago when it became apparent that those clauses weren't legal.
      It's possible that there are some mortgages still in place with those clauses, but they must be fairly few in number.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X