Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Credit - not a question more information to others

Hi All,

I've recently had a tenant (only if your tenant is getting additional aide from the government) stop paying rent, due to the housing benefit moving over to Universal Credit, landlords can not request without the permission of the tenant that they get any housing related payment directly, so reducing any bad debts the tenant is accumulating.

Just fill in form UC47 and send an e-mail to the Universal team (gov.uk website) and hopefully you can get something back. I've just applied so see what happens.

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ct-to-landlord
    And others in the same area.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

In filling the form out I have some blanks:

1) I don't know the "tenant reference number", is this importantant. This is the only property I let so happy with a ref to their NINO
      2) The form requires a signature. Does this mean I have to print the form out, sign it and scan to email back?
      3) I don't have a "creditor reference number" so ticking the appropriate box.

If anyone can help with points 1 and 2 I would appreciate help.

Mike

Comment

You should be able to apply online,
        https://directpayment.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/
        Apparently there are two versions of the form, one if you have an 'ISecure' email address (listed in that link) and the second if you have a non-secure email address.

'ISecure' forms are emailed to: Universalcredithousing.aparequests@dwp.gsi.gov.uk
        Non-secure forms are emailed to: ucfull.service@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

In either case I would just type your name into the Signature box

You can also post it to a Freepost address if you want, the address should be on the form.

As for the "tenant reference number" I think that would simply be your reference number for the tenant (if you have them numbered), the DWP wouldn't need to give them a tenant number.
        If you don't have one I'd leave it blank or put "N/A".

Comment

Many thanks. I don't have an "ISecure" email address so will be using the non-secure form.

I was wondering about simply entering my name in the signature box but didn't want the form to bounce with an even longer delay to being considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikexx View Post
            I was wondering about simply entering my name in the signature box but didn't want the form to bounce with an even longer delay to being considered.
            I've never had to do a UC47, or any other UC form, but have done it in the past with other DWP online forms without any problems.

If you have any doubts then you could give the UC helpline a buzz and get their confirmation.

One other way of doing it would be to scan your written signature as an image and insert that image into the form.

This government guide explains about 'digitally signing' documents.
            https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nic-signatures

You'll note that in the section entitled "What is an e-signature and why should you use one" the first option given is simply 'Typewritten', followed by 'Scanned', and then more complicated options.

Comment

Looking at that document, simple signatures are not available to SPVs and other companies, only to flesh and blood individuals.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X