HMO Licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMO Licence

Hi guys, could anyone help with regards to HMO licence: My property is a 3 beds maisonnette on the ground and 1st floor. I intend renting it 4-5 tenants on HMO, please advice if I need a licence.

Regards

Originally posted by penfair View Post
    Hi guys, could anyone help with regards to HMO licence: My property is a 3 beds maisonnette on the ground and 1st floor. I intend renting it 4-5 tenants on HMO, please advice if I need a licence.

Regards
    It depends on how many households are involved as to whether it's an HMO or not. Are any of the 4 or 5 tenants related to each by blood or as marital/cohabiting partners?

Even if it is an HMO, if the accommodation is only over 2 floors it may not need a licence unless your local council applies selective licensing for HMOs of 3 or more people. Ring them and ask.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X