OK for HMO? Mains powered optical smoke alarm with backup battery and radio interlink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK for HMO? Mains powered optical smoke alarm with backup battery and radio interlink

I have a 3 storey HMO let to students on 12 month contracts. My Landlord License is coming up for renewal. Up to now I have used battery smoke alarms but want to put in a reasonable priced alarm system. Cheapest quote I have received is for mains powered optical smoke alarm system with backup battery and radio interlink. Also installing emergency lighting. Would this be adequate and allowable for an HMO?

Call your council.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Interconnected hard wired smoke alarms, with the radio interlink
      should be acceptable, but as suggested, talk to the enviromental
      department, ( Council ) as they all semto have slighly,
      ( very slight ) differences of opinion as to deciphering the law.

but The relevant department will give you info on the laws applying
      to your situation.

R.a.M.

Comment

Smoke alarms for student bedrooms

What are the best kind of smoke alarms for student bedrooms? I don´t want the students removing the batteries and I don´t want to have to renew batteries every year... Any recommendations and links? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by premieji View Post
          What are the best kind of smoke alarms for student bedrooms?
          Assuming you have more than 2 students you may well be entering into HMO land and if that is the case you would be starting with mains wired, but to what grade of system you need will really be upto your local authority.

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.
            I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

yes i thought if it was a HMO then you needed a fire alarm and not smokes but councils can differ on this.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X