Pre Payment meter where can I buy them from (keypad or key)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Payment meter where can I buy them from (keypad or key)

Hi there,
    I'm looking to replace my old coin meters with either a key type or keypad type meters.

I have a landlord supply into the building which is then broken up to the individual flats meters which are all repaid.

Why not separate direct meters, one per flat, so that the statutory undertaker/supplier can bill each T individually?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Well there would be a large cost involved with that. Which would be more than new meters. Plus it's only a bedsit so prepayment is most suitable.

Comment

card meters

I use card operated prepayment meters in my bedsits, you may need to check from time to make sure that your tenant(s) have not bypassed the meter wiring. If a tenant stops buying cards this is a warning sign.

If you google Ampy refurb they sell the type of meter I use but I did not get my meters from them.

The tenant buys a prepayment card from the Landlord, you buy these in bulk for a fairly nominal cost. This means that your tenants will keep in regular contact with you, especially during the winter months.

Comment

Secure Meters offer an exceptional system. No need for ongoing costs of keys or cards.

Contact me 07841671269

Comment

There is also Universal Meter Servicies.

I have also seen new meters that can be topped up at a paypoint, online etc. These new meters are 'online' as they have sim in them and can be called by the landlord (to add credit ot adjust rates etc via software)
            They are pricey, so you are looking at a couple of grand in setting up etc, but they will save in the longrun as they can have a remote unit (which means the meter is away from the room and therefore away from tampering)

Comment

I agree. if you are renting out bedsits, then pre-payment is the best optionm although if you are renting out a house-share to individual tenants, i would suggest all bills included, therefore this may be the reason why you are looking?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X