Hmo kitchen fridge freezer requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmo kitchen fridge freezer requirements

I'm considering buying 5 bed existing Hmo property have it fully refurbished and adding 6th bedroom .

Kitchen size Is just good enough for this but i would need at least 2 large fridge/freezers .I was wondering is it allowed to have 2th fridge/freezer in separate dining area to pass fridge capacity requirments?
    as I would like to give tenants extra cupboard space in kitchen and have 1 fridge freezer in kitchen + 1 In separate dining area.

Or I believe having under counter fridge freezers in every rooms would pass requirements also , if im correct.

My own local authority requires 2 kitchens for a 6 bed HMO, not just two fridges. I'd re-check the requirements if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
      My own local authority requires 2 kitchens for a 6 bed HMO, not just two fridges. I'd re-check the requirements if I were you.
      My HMOs were under two very different Local Authorities ; one of them would talk to you on the phone or even visit your rental property and give advice which was very helpful. The second was large and bogged down and very unresponsive.

I had a large fridge in a lounge next to the kitchen sited on a tiled part of the floor in a 7 tenant HMO which always passed inspections. The lounge was large with an archway between the two rooms and an extra fridge freezer was needed -so there were no real issues as the area could be considered as a kitchen /diner. This means that the fire door to the lounge becomes very important and must remain closed unless in use.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
        Not in my area , kitchen just has to have required sq m area . First time I hear anything like this usually it's 7 or up when you need 2 kitchens , that's the reason I usually don't go more than 6 bed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X