HMO quarantine for tenant from overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMO quarantine for tenant from overseas

I have a new tenant moving into an HMO. She is coming from India. I was under the impression that she would have to quaratine in a hotel for 10 days before coming into the household. I now find out that she can move straight into the HMO as long as she self isolates in the house.I don't see how I can stop her using communal areas, and I'm not sure if there are any precautions I should be taking....
    any advice would be most appreciated.

Maybe in a non-HMO -- but don't see how self isolation is possible in HMO

Comment

There are published rules she has to abide by.
      My mother has a lodger coming back from Italy and they'll need to sanitise anything and anywhere they use that isn't in their room.
      Open windows etc.

I don't think it's likely to be very effective in an HMO, though.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Could you provide basic cooking facilities in her room and exclusive use of a bathroom while she isolates? I wouldn't be happy living in the same hmo but maybe your other tenants are young or don't care.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-q...ive-in-england

"as far as possible, avoid contact with other people in the place where you’re quarantining"
          "You should stay in a well ventilated room with an outside window that can be opened, separate from other people in your home."
          "Stay 2 metres apart from other people staying there at all times."

There are more detailed suggestions at:-
          https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/n...as-coronavirus

But there is nothing (legally) to stop her using communal areas (including garden).

Comment

I think that the legal obligation of your HMO Manager, (which may be you) is to ensure that the communal space is clean and safe for use by other residents at all times. This could involve a lot of work and the cooperation of the tenant if you have to clean each space after she uses them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X