Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legionella Assessment

Dear Friends,

I have done Legionella Assessment, as per the HMO request, the report says to clean as per ACOP L8 or replace it, checking with the assessment engineer he told to speak to plumber and they can clean it, i spoke to 10 plumbers, some of them doesn't want to work on this, Some of them said it may made of asbestos, they told to speak to asbestos company, other plumbers said they will replace it but it is very expensive, some said no one touches the cold water storage tank to clean or replace it. Finally couldn't find anyone. So checked with the asbestos company but unfortunately they dont do for residential and only they do for commercial and only one company said they will do for residential but they said they only remove the cold water storage tank but willn't replace it. but it is very expensive. Finally there is no one to help with the cold water storage tank. Any suggestions on this please as when next time Council asks what can I do. Thanks a lot

Any reply plese.

Comment

It's best not to have any tanks these days. Ideally you need to find what is supplied from the tank and replace with mains supply then drain tank and dispose safely.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart123 View Post
        the report says to clean as per ACOP L8 or replace it........some said no one touches the cold water storage tank to clean or replace it.
        I understand that the high risk areas are water standing for longer than a couple of days and water spread by spray or aerosol such as a shower head. In my HMO I used to immerse the shower heads in a bucket of dilute bleach water for an hour or so and document that I had done it. There is a higher risk if your property has not been occupied for a length of time because the water has been standing in the pipes

I never dealt with a water tank and from memory most water tanks are galvanised. If I was considering this problem for myself I would be draining the cold water system and refilling with a cleaning agent such as one for sanitising caravan water systems, leaving it in the system overnight and then flushing through with cold water to clear it. If I was in any doubt about the cold water tank I would consider moving on to a cold water feed and dispensing with the tank altogether. Record what you have done in a log book.

Comment

Thankyou both Section202 and AlexR, This is a boiler storage related to cold water and for hot water we have separate, as the house is occupied the water gets refilled automatically. There is no chance of fitting to a mains as cold water storage tank is required. To get rid of the cold water storage tank we need to completely replace the heating system but that is not possible as heating system is working fine and changing it is very expensive up to 5k or more. As this tank is in the loft it is not possible for us to clean it off unless we employ an plumber, but unfortunately speaking to plumbers, everyone has there own opinion. Actually it is not causing any issues, just only concerned with the report and the council.
          Normally i maintain an excel sheet and maintain the details. But how do you maintain the log.
          Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart123 View Post
            But how do you maintain the log
            You should have a book to record fire alarm checks etc. Use another section there. It's so that if anyone asks you can show records of inspections and actions. Another section in the spreadsheet would also do.

Comment

Thankyou Alex

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X