'Declassify' a small HMO?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unless the two occupants are on a joint tenancy agreement, the landlord will be liable for council tax anyway.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      Unless he can get the other sharer to give up their tenancy, its a non-starter.


        Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
        Sounds like LL is err.....
        LL is very errrr.....

        As said above, unless he's trying it on he is very ignorant of his legal reponsibilities.
        It's probably a mixture as he does get some things right. (If they don't cost too much).

        I seem to know more than him, reading on here is responsible for that. (Thanks all).

        I'm not sure just how many other properties he (his family bussiness) have but it's quite a few both residental and commercial.

        (From talking to local tradesmen one of their problems is getting paid if they do any work for them.
        It's a case of drive the price right down then don't pay for months after the work has been done).

        That's why I want a written TA, my name only, whole property, (sameish rent), before doing anything else with the CT.
        Just to legally issue a new TA he would have to get the property up to a better standard than it is currently.


        Latest Activity