Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPT57
    replied
    It probably wouldn't strictly qualify as a deed as they can't really be signed in advance. However, if you have reasonable confidence that the tenant isn't going to later try to challenge on a technicality then its probably fine. Even if they did later challenge, I think you would be very unluckly if the tenant won the argument in court as their signature on a surrender document is a pretty clear intention to end the tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• Alice in Wonderland
    replied
    Hi DPT57
    yes, he does. It is a bit complicated as I am havng to sign mine in Austria and then send it over for him to sign so the dates are different but hoping it will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    This assumes he has a room only tenancy if course . If he is part of a joint tenancy then its a bit more complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Alice in Wonderland
    replied
    Many thanks to you both for your help.
    Alice

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    The main thing is that you agree it.
    Presuming it's a contract between the landlord and that individual, as long as they both agree it and the terms on which it ends, that's enough.

Obviously, if one of the two then disagrees with the other's interpretation of what was agreed, there can be issues.

That's where a deed of surrender can help - you sign and agree this as the tenant moves out (having handed possession back).
    Obviously its sensible to have agreed the terms beforehand.

Here's a good one created by one of the finest members of the forum: - https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...t-in-joint-ast

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    You need a deed of surrender.

Lawcruncher provided an example, here..
    https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...-of-surrender=
    - and requests a donation to a cancer charity if used.

To be signed by both parties AFTER tenant was left property, with all his goods, and returned keys.

Leave a comment:

• form for tenant to agree to end tenancy with the agreement of the landlord

Hi everyone
    I need to know the form that is used for a tenant to agree to leave his tenancy earlier in agreement with the landlord.
    He is on a a AST for one year and is 10 months into his contract
    Basically I am offering to return rent in order to help him to leave, as there might well be a murder in the household if I do not.
    I hope for an answer
    all the best

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X