Hmo licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmo licence

Hello; our HMO licence is about to expire on our home and we do not wish to renew our licence as we will keep only one tenant in the property. Is it possible? The council seems to say that I can not “opt out” of an HMO licence and have a change of status without selling the property

I'd ask them what would happen if you simply didn't renew?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I believe that taking a property into & out of HMO status is a Planning Issue - Change of Use. As you have to apply to become an HMO you probably have to apply to stop being one

Comment

You only have to apply if it is a sui generis HMO (7 or more people), or there is an Article 4 directive.

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
          I believe that taking a property into & out of HMO status is a Planning Issue - Change of Use. As you have to apply to become an HMO you probably have to apply to stop being one
          My understanding is that C4 status would be lost if a property stopped being used as an HMO. For that reason I applied for (and obtained) mixed C3/C4 use for mine, so that I had the option.

That said, there are different cases and I don't claim to be any kind of HMO expert.
          There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X