HMO internal doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMO internal doors

Hi, I just need clarity on internal doors for HMO. House is four bedroom two storey with first bedroom off entry (hallway) down stairs then three bedrooms upstairs. It qualifies as HMO as it has four people not related. The 'Homestamp' link/pdf Coventry council supplied is unclear. Their plans and review says '
    Solid timber and panelled interior doors are acceptable as long as
    they are well ftted and of sound and solid construction.
    The diagram shows no fire door off the kitchen as well. Is a standard wooden door acceptable (currently fitted). I will be fitting a fire door off the kitchen anyway and the hallway/entry off the communal area downstairs and to the stairway as a safety precaution for the downstairs bedroom. Thanks

What did your fire risk assessment require?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You need to download the Homestamp booklet called 'A Guide to Fire Protection in Multi-Occupied Residential Properties' and you will find guidance in Appendix 5 ( Guidance on the fitting of Fire Doors and Frames)

Comment

My council approved my 4 bed HMO's traditional wooden doors and I didn't have to replace them with modern fire doors.

Comment

A correctly fitted door with a closer can give about 30 minutes fire protection and is less costly and less intrusive. Was this Sandwell council as I believe that they do inspect properties and give advice, and also seem to appreciate when a landlord is trying to do the right thing?

Comment

4 beds is not a licensable HMO

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X