Tenant Dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant Dispute

Two of my four tenants are clashing. This has resulted in one sleeping elsewhere as he fears verbal harassment. He doesn’t want me to intervene with the other tenant because I would have to mention his name and he fears more harassment. Do I leave them to sort things out between themselves? Advice appreciated.

Is it a joint tenancy or room only?

Comment

It's room only for each of them

Comment

If this is a licensable HMO, (through Additional Licensing) or you're in a Selective Licensing area then there are likely to be specific requirements imposed by the local authority. However, either way its not something I would want to wander into lightly. Presumably you don't know for certain whether this is an instance of bullying or ASB as you only have one side of the story. He may even be inventing a situation in order to soften you up to accept his notice.

I think I would send a copy of your ASB/harassment policy to all tenants with a reminder that this will not be tolerated and ask the one who is complaining to keep you informed. At the end of the day, individual room only tenancies gives you some options to remove one or more tenants without disrupting the others.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X