Lockable electric timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockable electric timer

Not for the first time I have had complaints about one or other tenant in a 5 bed HMO when they have decided that it is acceptable to turn the washing machine on in the middle of the night. I think the best option is if I fit some sort of timer so that the machine can only be used during predetermined set hours. This will need to be locked of course so that nobody can adjust the time or bypass the timer. Any suggestions?

Once I have cracked the washing machine, the next job will be to find a kitchen bin that empties itself.

This sounds like a sledgehammer to crack a nut and you can never win with this sort of arms race. I suggest you speak individually to each tenant. Ask if it was them, which they will ko doubt deny, but it doesnt matter. Leave them in no doubt that this will not be tolerated.

Comment

My hmo tenants have never complained about each other in nearly 20 years. Why?

Because I have one tenant, and she has lodgers. Thus petty arguments never come to my door. I recommend it.

Comment

Have a word with all of them and explain if it happens again they must complain to the person doing it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X