Garden room. Is this estate agent speak for no building regs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden room. Is this estate agent speak for no building regs?

Hello,
    I've seen a house come up that I would like to take a look at. However, there is a single storey extension which the estate agents refer to as a garden room. I've not questioned the agent on this yet but do you think this is EA speak for no building regs?
    For a HMO the room off of this extension, and the extension, would need to become a bedroom. I'll try posting pics, if this was built or brought up to current regulations, could the patio doors be removed and this space be counted towards the square footage of the bedroom space?
    I just after general advice to establish a budget. There is money to spend and I can see the dripping tap down the wall. I will be getting a survey and a builder to look around if I decide to take it further. No harm in getting armed with some ammunition before I view it, if anyone is kind enough to provide their opinion.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Rear of house View from inside

Spoke to the agent, and yes, this is EA speak for no regs. It's more of an integrated shed. And it has been sold by another agent.
    I need to be quicker.

Comment

Hello,
      I've seen a house come up that I would like to take a look at. However, there is a single storey extension which the estate agents refer to as a garden room. I've not questioned the agent on this yet but do you think this is EA speak for no building regs?

From the pictures you posted I'm unsure of which building regulation it would be contravening to class it as a bedroom?

Comment

Hi Oatey,
        Thanks for replying.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X