Fire Risk Assessment

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fire Risk Assessment

    Hi, I have two HMO properties both has 4 tenants one property is over 3 floors the other 2 floors. Am I required to provide an integrated (hard wired) emergency lighting system? Also should the

    gas and electrical internal meters be box in fire retardant material to provide a fire separation?

    Any advice appreciated.

    The fire risk assessment that must be carried out for both properties (and which should have been done before letting began) would have answered those questions.

    The assessment and requirements are different for every property.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      I have a HMO lic for both properties and am compliant however the notes for a HMO renewal states a Emergency Lighting Certificate is needed. Also the supporting documentation mentions a fire retardant box for meters. AFAIK these are new requirements. Wanted to know if my understanding is correct?


        You have to ask a competent fire risk assessor.

        I'm not aware of any recent changes in these areas, as the Grenfell tragedy has not yet worked its way through the system.

        Typically you will need an emergency lighting system if there isn't at leas 1 lux of lighting on the floor level centre line of every escape route.


        Latest Activity