Clauses To Include in AST Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clauses To Include in AST Contract

I have a handful of fully licenced HMO's that are let by Council tenants. I've usually used a typical AST I downloaded from RLA however having looked over it in more detail, it seems to expose me to various issues.

I was wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light if it legal or fair to include clauses that would make the tenant's responsibility for any pest issues such as bed bugs, tenants responsibility to pay for beds, fridges, washing machines if they're damaged or need changing?

All of the HMO's are self-contained units and are let to housing benefit tenants and not given on a nightly charge to the Council. We supply beds, fridges etc but are constantly bombarded with requests for new furniture as they break them quite frequently. At the moment, we pay for any changes ourselves but costs are increasing so was hoping to protect ourselves with new clauses in the contracts moving forward.

Are these HMOs or studio flats ie self contained? Do you do inventories of contents? Do you charge a deposit and is this paid by the council? What does it say in your contract about bed bugs etc?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X