Ensuites in every bedroom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ensuites in every bedroom

I f I put an ensuite in every bedroom would I have to pay council tax for every room?
    If I put ensuites in all but one bedroom would I still have to pay CT for every room?

I'm trying to maximise the number of people in my HMO.

I am considering turning the shared living room into another bedroom and putting an extra cooker in the kitchen. This will make 6 bedrooms with 8-9 people.

This is solely due to the licencing I would have to pay the council £510 for the fifth person for 3 years and £30 for additional people.

You either have to pay council tax for the whole property, or not at all, assuming everything is let for the whole year. I don't know the fine details about when a flat becomes self contained.

If you mean two cookers, I doubt my council would licence you with only two cookers between six households.

Comment

I believe that 7 or more people makes it a sui-generis HMO and subject to planning permission

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
        You either have to pay council tax for the whole property, or not at all, assuming everything is let for the whole year. I don't know the fine details about when a flat becomes self contained.

If you mean two cookers, I doubt my council would licence you with only two cookers between six households.
        At the moment I can have 1 cooker between 5 single rooms so 6 would be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
          I believe that 7 or more people makes it a sui-generis HMO and subject to planning permission
          Ah yes, I'll have to look into that , thanks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X