Lead Tenant Died - advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lead Tenant Died - advice please

I have a house let to 4 mainly related adult sharers and have been advised that the lead tenant has died. His mother is still there and the group have been there nearly 4 years. They speak poor English but It appears they still wish to stay and have someone else living there now. I assume somehow I need to get a new agreement but I found them through an agent who set up the initial agreement. How might I get the deposit back from DPS to enter a new agreement, and go about creating a new agreement? Any advice on the situation welcome thank you.

If all the occupants are named tenants then I dont think you have to do anything about the tenancy. You should agree a new lead tenant for DPS purposes though and perhaps jointly write to DPS to explain/request the change.

Comment

The death of a tenant doesn't change anything - the estate simply takes on the tenant's rights and responsibilities.

I am not sure what you mean by the "lead tenant" as that's not really a generic concept other than for deposit protection.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X