Questions for online landlord development course - final assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for online landlord development course - final assessment

Hi everyone, I've literally just signed up for this forum in the hope someone may have come across the same or similar query. I own two student-let houses (agency managed as I live overseas) and am currently doing an online landlord development/accreditation course, to meet the requirements of being given a HMO licence for one of my properties last year. The council awarded the licence on the proviso that I do one of these courses within a year. I've found it OK and have passed all my previous modules, and am now on the last one. It basically requires a written answer of 200 words or less on what I consider to be the five key considerations for a prospective HMO landlord before, during AND after the tenancy. I'm fairly well read up now on all of the things to think about but it's one of those questions which I am not sure how to answer.I am leaning towards focusing on 1. does it need a licence 2. does it need planning permission 3. Awareness of mandatory management regulations (inc gas and electrics, maintaining fixtures and fittings etc) 4. Fire and fire risk assement 5. meeting basic amenity standards.
    But what's bothering me is whether there is a specific regulation I need to be aware of regarding how to end a HMO tenancy which needs including? Has anyone else any experience of this question which they'd be willing to share? I understand that a HMO licence is needed in order to carry out a S21 possession order.
    Thanks anyone for any feedback on how to read this question

Doesnt sound like there is any one, or even five right answers to this. I would have thought that one of the key considerations is that with an hmo youre not only the landlord, but unless someone else is fulfilling the role youre also the Manager and as such responsible on a daily basis for the raft of HMO Management Regulations. Good luck. Is the licence based on completing the course or passing some exam?

Comment

Just write some nonsense about diversity, and I'm sure you'll pass.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. An agency manages pretty much all aspects of the tenancies for me. The licence which the council gave me last year could, technically, be revoked if I fail to pass this course but I don't envisage that scenario. The other modules were just multiple choice answers and, as long you had clicked through all the relevant sections, and read the relevant section of the Landlords Handbook, it was easy enough to pass. I will just submit what seems sensible, and add a little note to teacher (it is actually marked) explaining my "methodology". If it's wrong, I do it again. Thanks all

Comment

Why oh why are you investing in such a course. Accreditation for an HMO license is your Suitability and preparedness to ensure the property complies with the requirements for the Property to meet the councils requirements, after that it is down to you meeting a lenders requirements to be considered for an HMO mortgage, clearly owning two Student properties currently meets that requirement.

No disrespect but the phrase “Fools and their money are soon parted”had you made your enquiry before paying such monies you would have been guided by numerous qualified landlords and professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X