Convert 257 hmo to 1 dwelling temporarily for council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert 257 hmo to 1 dwelling temporarily for council tax

The flats are going to be empty for 6 months or so while i get work done, is there an easy way to get them reclassified with the VOA as 1 property to save on paying 3 council tax
    bills during that period?

i.e. remove toilets, taps etc?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Post for tenants who have left
    Koups52
    HI, with HMOs there is invariably a turnover of tenants over time. I remind tenants who are leaving to sort out their post redirects and change their address, but there are some who just don't seem to get round to it. I have reminded them but still, some seem to forget. The post then can pile up at...
    17-04-2018, 16:41 PM
  • Reply to Post for tenants who have left
    security2
    Almost everyone doesn't really understand data protection laws and everyone interprets them in their own ways. I know I do... But I just apply what I think is common sense. Something that this bank in question clearly doesn't! Or at least the employee at the bank who you spoke to doesn't. Speak to someone...
    23-05-2018, 10:03 AM
    Berlingogirl
    One T left and his mail kept coming - bank statements, HMRC letters etc. I was well over a year returning the letters to the bank and getting very annoyed with the bank because they refused to stop sending statements. They said they had to keep sending it because the T hadn't told them not to and it...
    23-05-2018, 08:56 AM
    Gandolf
    I've got a niece who loves opening post,literally can't stop her...
    22-05-2018, 23:21 PM
    Berlingogirl
    Sometimes, if the T seems a bit iffy I google the PObox and if it's a debt collector I send it back. However, having had a particularly long continuing case and two bailiffs coming round, I have learnt that debt agencies sell the debt on to another agency, then another and the letters and knocks on...
    22-05-2018, 17:11 PM
  • Unlicensed HMO - tenant
    JohnDD
    Hi all,
    Would welcome some advice as to best way forward.
    I live in an unlicensed HMO in a London borough and have for 5+ years. There are 8 people here, and the landlord lives in the property, which made me a lodger early on, but he moved away for a period to another property (which became...
    15-05-2018, 10:32 AM
  • Reply to Unlicensed HMO - tenant
    security2
    So you haven't been on the electoral roll for 5 years? How have you been able to get bank accounts, credit cards, job applications etc? Have you had to lie about where you live (i.e. at a family member's house)? Be careful, your actions could lead to a backlash of pain for you also.

Self-interest...just...
    22-05-2018, 08:42 AM
  • I am in trouble
    Uklondoner
    The two guys signed contract with me and then brought girlfriends here. I was told I need a license. So I applied and now in processing The council told my bank I applied for a HMO the bank told me I will be in breach of the mortgage conditions and will affect future lending decisions...
    20-05-2018, 12:23 PM
  • Reply to I am in trouble
    Moderator2
    Uklondoner, do not cross-post in multiple forums please.
    21-05-2018, 12:26 PM
  • Reply to I am in trouble
    Uklondoner
    It depends how many people. It is more than 3 and not a family...
    20-05-2018, 14:33 PM
Working...
X