Advice needed for renewing HMO licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed for renewing HMO licence

My 'Additional HMO' licence is up for renewal this December and the property is based in Newham. I have 5 not related tenants living at the property.
    I have been advised by someone that Newham now requires C4 planning permission. I have been running an HMO at the property for the last 12 years or so.

Can anyone advise if I still need to apply for planning permission or can I just renew my HMO Licence

As far as I know, planning permission is only required for new HMOs.
    Which Newham have also said they probably won't grant anymore.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Shahali, I believe jpkeatesis correct. Planning would have introduced Article 4 to remove the permitted development rights for the change of C3 to C4 HMO for the areas covered. If your is existing HMO with previous licence granted by the HMO Team, then your is exempted from that planning restriction.

Comment

I have been advised by Newham Planning that I will need to apply for a Existing Use Lawful Development Certificate. They have advised that I will need to provide evidence of the property being served as an HMO for the last 4 years. Once satisfied with the evidence they will provide a Lawful Development certificate stating C4 use.

Hope this helps with anyone in the same situation as me.
        I will keep this thread updated with the outcome.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X