Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking a BUY TO LET on very low value properties

Hi everyone,

I'm finding it very difficult to find a lender who will finance my buy to let mortgages on properties which are worth less than £35K. I've been through a couple of brokers with no luck, and have tried other reseach methods to no avail.

Does anybody have any experiance with very low value properites. I have other BTL mortgages but house values are over 100K with those so have never had this problem before.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Try the Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank. They both lent down to £25k a couple of years ago. Also try northern based lenders like the Newcastle BS, Leeds BS and Northern Rock.

Comment

Keep us updated 40k was the lowest my broker could find with VM

How about a personal loan for £25k and put the balance down and remortgage after 6 months, assuming you have done work on the property the property may be worth at least 40k.

Comment

If the property was uninhabitable or with a very bad EPC rating? then their is a mortgage lender avaliable that will mortgage for the low price as long as you make it more "green". As in give it a better EPC rating and for some reason their not fond of PVC doors/windows.

In other words, are you recycling the property? from Crap to Good?

Comment

Try The Post Office.

Comment

I received a marketing email from the RLA yesterday, plugging their "Exclusive Light Refurbishment Buy-to-Let mortgage at 5.39% (Up to 75% LTV)"

"As a landlord, you'll appreciate that a number of mortgage companies will not lend money on a purchase where light refurbishment is required before the property is in a lettable state. We therefore wanted to make you aware of a new light refurbishment mortgage deal which is available via RLA Mortgages...."

I'm guessing that if they are targeting folks who are buying doer-uppers, they may well be interested in lending relatively low purchase sums, so might be worth looking into? http://www.rlamortgages.co.uk

Comment

Try Leeds BS a broker who works for them advised me the other day they will go below 30k dependent on property.

Comment

What about using a company to own the properties and giving a floating charge?

Comment

No lender is likely to rely on a floating charge alone and would want a 1st legal charge AS WELL as a Fixed and Floating charge if the borrower was a new limited company.

Lower value properties can usually be accommodated by commercial lenders if they are part of a larger portfolio, single properties are more of a challenge.
                  CFA

Comment

Skipton and Godiva - both minimum lending of £25k.

Comment

Most property lenders have a minimum lend of £25k ( this used to be the old CCA limit eons ago and many stick to it) but this doesn't mean they will lend on low value properties, just that they won't entertain any loans lower than that. Godiva for example use a £75k minimum value.
                      CFA

Comment

Thanks, that's good to know.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Some Newbie Interest Only Q's
                          by BTL investor
                          Most of the information you want should be available on google but:-
                          1) Normally you would fix the mortgage for a set term i.e 3yrs, 5yrs etc then at the end of that you fix it again with which ever lender is offering the most competitive deal.
                          2) If you stay on after the initial 5yr fixed...
                          30-09-2020, 21:47 PM
                        • Some Newbie Interest Only Q's
                          by RedRanger
                          Hi,

Could someone help with a couple of newbie questions in regards to interest only BTL mortgages;

1) To achieve the most competitive rate throughout your mortgage term (e.g. 25 years) do you just keeping on remortgaging after each initial term is over? On a side note assuming...
                          30-09-2020, 18:53 PM
                          by loanarranger
                          Hi RedRanger
                          whilst you might take out a long term mortgage you initially will decide on how long you want to have the first incentive facility, 2/3/5 year fixed, Discount , Tracker, at the end of the incentive period you will have assessed whether to have the loan revert to that lenders variable...
                          30-09-2020, 21:28 PM
                          by RedRanger
                          No I have never had a mortgage. I have been quite fortunate in that respect as I was given my current home by family and live mortgage free hence I know very little about mortgages....
                          30-09-2020, 20:52 PM
                          by BTL investor
                          Have you ever had any type of mortgage before?
                          30-09-2020, 19:26 PM
                        • Reply to Mortgage News
                          by loanarranger
                          is this going to be a trend going forward over the next few months??

Barclays is the second lender in 48 hours to announce of steps to manage what has become a nightmare in processing an increase in the number of mortgage applications for both purchases and Buy to Let. Below is an extract...
                          30-09-2020, 16:13 PM
                        • Mortgage News
                          by loanarranger
                          The following article has appeared in one of the Mortgage Trade journals reporting on views expressed by the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries an influential trade body within the mortgage industry.

"Mortgage rates are likely to rise in the first quarter of 2016 as lenders look...
                          23-12-2015, 19:43 PM
                        • Reply to Buying property with short lease with section 42 served
                          by flyingfreehold
                          the mistake people make buying short leases plus a notice is underestimating the cost of the lease extension. To Section 20z it would be typical for the sellers solicitor to undertake to serve the claim upon the property being sold under the hammer, ie at exchange at the request of the buyers
                          28-09-2020, 13:49 PM
                        • Buying property with short lease with section 42 served
                          by Newbielandlord2015
                          Hi, seen lots of auction properties advertised which look like good deals sold with section 42 served with shorter leases; I assume if you're buying with a mortgage you could only buy them if lease length is 70 years or more as the lease extension process is done after the sale with all the potential...
                          27-09-2020, 18:22 PM
                        Working...
                        X