Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys am new to the forum I own a few student lets. I am coming into some money soon and I am considering buying a few more student lets however I am also considering commercial property. Has anyone got a mixed portfolio which they manage themselves? I have a lot of reading to however the only thing that puts me off is the fact you have to pay rates if the property is empty?

If I understand link below, empty properties are exempt of business rates for at least 3 months.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-busines...ildings-relief

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
      If I understand link below, empty properties are exempt of business rates for at least 3 months.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-busines...ildings-relief
      6 months if it's an industrial building or no empty rates if building is listed. Further if building is listed it is now exempt from having an EPC (not really sure why!).
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

what area are you in? makes a big difference as to whether you can let it. If the building is cheap enough you can always let it, or in most cases

Comment

Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
          6 months if it's an industrial building or no empty rates if building is listed. Further if building is listed it is now exempt from having an EPC (not really sure why!).
          Haha I guess you don't need an EPC because anyone leasing a listed building knows its going to be awfully cold and terribly expensive to heat!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X