Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd mortgage query

Hi

I currently have a standard mortgage on a house which i live in. In addition, I have a flat which i formerly lived in and as a "reluctant" landlord kept on when I moved out. I now rent this out to tenants but have been able to keep my old standard (ie not BTL)mortgage on this property with the agreement of the lender.
    I am looking to move out of my house and rent this out. I acknowledge the fact that I need to inform my lender of this and that they may wish to increase the mortgage rate due to the change in circumstances ( I have a lifetime tracker, offset mortgage on my house). I have built up a deposit which I will put down on my third property and presume I will be limited to BTL products only due to the fact that I already have two standard mortgages?
    Obviously my attraction to taking out a third standard mortgage is the lower deposit required and greater variety / lower cost of deals available.
    Any advice welcomed - many thanks

In theory your 3rd mtg could be a standard rate if you are going to live in property, I say in theory as I very much doubt your 2nd lender would consent to this arrangement albeit for anything other than short period of time until market improved. If you do not ask however you do not get.

Keep us updated on situation.

Comment

Have you considered remortgaging your current home into a BTL and using the equity released to get a home owner mortgage on the property you are looking to buy?

Perhaps that is what you are planning and I've completely missed the point.

Comment

If the deal you are on is really good and you want to keep it - you could 'probably' port it to the new property. You would then have to get a btl mortgage to replace the loan on the current property.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymore View Post
          If the deal you are on is really good and you want to keep it - you could 'probably' port it to the new property. You would then have to get a btl mortgage to replace the loan on the current property.
          I did this recently... The advantage was that I kept the higher rate of interest on the BTL, which was tax deductible.

I had no chain and completed the remortgage/purchase in 3/4 weeks max.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Joint-Mortgage friend not paying their half
            louisck
            Hi. Wasn't sure where to post this. I have tried to use google but almost all the information regarding joint-mortgage is between couples. I am wondering, if you have a joint-mortgage, but one person refuses to pay, leaving you with all the payments; can you get their name removed from the title-deeds...
            23-07-2017, 10:21 AM
          • Reply to Joint-Mortgage friend not paying their half
            loanarranger
            It is entirely down to the lender as to whether party B can be allowed to be discharged from the mortgage and that as I pointed out is 100% dependent on where Party A can satisfy them of his ability to meet the mortgage payments using his financial data using the prevailing loan affordability matrix....
            23-07-2017, 14:22 PM
            leaseholder64
            Loanarranger: I think we actually agree. I was trying to keep the posting short as it is basically saying there is no simple way of doing it, and possibly didn't make it clear that you would both permission from the other party to buy them, and to arrange new mortgage terms. (I believe the mortgagee...
            23-07-2017, 13:09 PM
            loanarranger
            leasehold64 , unfortunately one cannot just start a new mortgage or transfer the mortgage into a sole name until the other party has given agreement to relinquish their share of the property or sell their interest at an agreed price, then one has to approach the lender and establish if their own income...
            23-07-2017, 12:49 PM
            leaseholder64
            I don't believe that being a couple makes any difference here, except, possibly, for tax. England v Scotland might and, using English terms, tenants in common versus joint tenants probably does.

You can't force them to sell their share to you, and you will probably need to start a new...
            23-07-2017, 10:45 AM
            jpkeates
            The ownership on the title and the mortgage aren't connected.

The beneficial ownership may be affected, but it would take a court to determine that (and depriving a property owner of the entire property for not paying some of a loan secured against it would be a huge step).

23-07-2017, 10:36 AM
            MrShed
            Not without the other persons permission, no.

You would have to sue the other person for their share of the mortgage.

Whats the situation here, do both parties still live in the property? Some context may be helpful as to options.

(PS - "couples" are...
            23-07-2017, 10:29 AM
          • nalogbuhgalter.ru - оптимизация налогов, бухгалтерский учет Санкт-Петербург..
            ejuokersf
            Вам не выгодно содержать штатного бухгалтера? Вы не хотите доверять бухгалтерский учет вашей компании случайным людям? Вы хотите, чтобы бухгалтерский учет велся с...
            22-07-2017, 17:33 PM
          • Residential Remortgage, Consent to Let and Purchase of New Build
            ajtaylor
            I have a complex situation I would welcome some advice on. I have stumped my two mortgage broker so far. Any ideas/tips would be most welcome. The scenario is;

My wife and I currently own outright a property worth £410k. We are looking to release equity in order to purchase a new build,...
            15-07-2017, 21:27 PM
          • Reply to Residential Remortgage, Consent to Let and Purchase of New Build
            loanarranger
            I am inclined to agree with Logical.Lean. Lending solutions come from experience and working on a face to face basis with both clients and brokers. Nothing is " Complex" as each case will have its own characteristics and there is normally a mental "Flow Chart" which enables the broker...
            21-07-2017, 14:50 PM
          Working...
          X