X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tazza
    replied
    ahuja

as for progress, i gave up in the end, i got some advice from the ICAEW, of which he is a supposed member, and because I was never put onto him directly and continually fobbed off by his minions, I couldnt even register a complsint against the guy. so here is unethical activity going on right under the ICAEW's noses and nothing to be done. shame they can't just take a look on google!

The debt collector I chose, recommended by someone on this thread, tood 300 quid up front (durrrrr) and then went bust, so my attempt at getting the cash via professional collection went sour too, so I decided to get on with my life, the hassle I was going through to try to get my grand back was ending up costing me more than that in time!

I know someone who went for Ahuja and spent nearly 100k chasing him. has anyone else had any recent experiences? I just hope that new investors look on google first before choosing a partner to help buy houses with.

Leave a comment:

• KateC
    replied
    I have only really heard negative things about Ahuja when I was looking in the past. I was interested in property investment and looking for an opportunity to make money so I went on a property course that has really put everything into perspective for me. They are called Property Mentor and offer free taster sessions where you can learn how to invest and make money in property and now I am a landlord of several properties and have long term tenants. I would really recommend it as the level of insight and ongoing support is amazing.
    Last edited by Editor; 22-04-2009, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tazza
    replied
    mixed bag

Thanks for the question, its good to share hopefully positive experiences. My recovery efforts have been mixed.

Working by myself and hassling Ahuja (well, one of his team as he is very careful not to speak to you personally otherwise he can be subject to a complaint to the ICAEW, of which he is a member and somehow gets away with it this way). I have managed to get £1k of my £2k back in 2 very painful £500 instalments over the last few months. Ahuja have promised another deal in lieu of the remaining £1k but no deals have been forthcoming yet so I should be entitled to a refund of the remainder should nothing come to pass. Probably a company to steer well clear of. All they do if offer you deals straight from estate agents anyway.

I also engaged someone called Derek at SourceLocateCollect recommended by a Forum member who had apparently had success in the past, but I would not recommend taking this approach either as nothing at all has come of it in over 3 months, in fact its been quite tortuous in itself. I am letting it roll however and will update if any positive progress happens.

If anyone knows any debt collectors who have proven delivery of real success in a reasonable time could you let me know?

I have actually been more successful recently in negotiating with people who owe me money by getting on and doing it myself, so maybe I should set up in business myself!

Cheers

Tazza

Leave a comment:

• sm72
    replied
    How did you all get on

Just wondering how everyone has got on trying to get there money back?

If you have any info that could help please reply or PM me.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by tazza View Post
    to issue the small claim over the net?

Happy to pay for this service, can you find this out for me, the thread seems to have gone quiet since i asked rfor some assistance?

How much will it cost to ascertain? Co House?

I want to post the claim Monday latest?
    Companies House info (office hours only) is on 0870- 333 3636. This is probably the most helpful telephone service of all HMG Departments.

Leave a comment:

• tazza
    replied
    Jeffrey/anyone, how to get quick address/company details?

to issue the small claim over the net?

Happy to pay for this service, can you find this out for me, the thread seems to have gone quiet since i asked rfor some assistance?

How much will it cost to ascertain? Co House?

I want to post the claim Monday latest?

Chrs

Leave a comment:

• tazza
    replied
    Formal details for Ahuja

Hi Jax, thanks for the hints and tips, do you have the details of the name and address, co number etc. of the entity that you issued the legal claim against for Ahuja, or was it Ahuja himself?

I can track it down, but its painful enough as it is, as I don't do this sort of thing normally, any details you already have available would be a great help indeed.

Thx in anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• tazza
    replied
    Ahuja Non Payment of Refund

I am going to have to go to court for my £2k up front fees from Ahuja too, I gave them until 31 Jan to get cleared funds into my account after arguing since last October.

I also note he is an Institute of Chartered Accountants member, thanks for that info, really useful, so am I. I'll give them a ring and complain as well.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    No- and you might want to ask your own solicitors to report it as attempted Money Laundering or cognate attempted Fraud.

Leave a comment:

• BBPearl
    replied
    I had an email from someone wanting to purchase a property that we are dealing with. It seemed that what they were doing was apparently fradulant. They were asking us to increase the asking price of this property and they would offer the full (increased) asking price but the vendor would not see a benifit of this increase and infact take a £23,000 reduction. This £23,000 deficit is there to pay the companies 'finders fee' and their solicitors fees.

Seemed a bit odd. They suggested a name of the person that would be dealing with the legal side of the purchase for their client who they are sourcing the property for but a quick check on companies house shows that the company of solicitors was not in the best of shapes.

I havent had much to do with BMV purchases but is this normal practice?

Leave a comment:

• freddie1
    replied
    UPDATE.

Just done a deal with BMV Brokers (www.bmvbrokers.com) - 34% market value, yeild 11%, excleent service and fantastic portfolio of properties.

For your information these chaps seem very good and worth a call.

Leave a comment:

• freddie1
    replied
    Unbelievable - seems there are quite a few sharks in this perticular pond. Good luck with your claim.

Leave a comment:

• jax2503
    replied
    Hi Freddie,

I had someone email me just the other day via this forum regarding Ahuja. He was not a happy chappy, I am in the process of helping him with advice to recover the monies due to him by Ahuja.

Jax

Leave a comment:

• freddie1
    replied
    Cheers Jax, just been on the phone to www.bmvbrokers.com - seem excellent for the first call. Will try a few others and report back.

I thought Ahuja looked a bit like that

Leave a comment:

• jax2503
    replied
    Hi Freddie,

Will PM you, only comment is do not approach www.ahuja.co.uk as lets say I can supply you with a list of over 100 investors who have used him in the past and would never do it again. Will not enter into discussion on a public forum on this and issues surrounding this. Best to say that experience and information given results in not to use.

Jax

Originally posted by freddie1 View Post
    Have had a look at the following sites:

www.ahuja.co.uk - seems ok but lack of info

www.propertyhorizons.co.uk - naff site, wouldn't trust them

www.bmvbrokers.com - descent site, not a massive amount of info but will

give them a call

will give these a try, was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X