BMV investments/brokers- Ahuja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No- and you might want to ask your own solicitors to report it as attempted Money Laundering or cognate attempted Fraud.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Ahuja Non Payment of Refund

I am going to have to go to court for my £2k up front fees from Ahuja too, I gave them until 31 Jan to get cleared funds into my account after arguing since last October.

I also note he is an Institute of Chartered Accountants member, thanks for that info, really useful, so am I. I'll give them a ring and complain as well.

Comment

Formal details for Ahuja

Hi Jax, thanks for the hints and tips, do you have the details of the name and address, co number etc. of the entity that you issued the legal claim against for Ahuja, or was it Ahuja himself?

I can track it down, but its painful enough as it is, as I don't do this sort of thing normally, any details you already have available would be a great help indeed.

Thx in anticipation.

Comment

Jeffrey/anyone, how to get quick address/company details?

to issue the small claim over the net?

Happy to pay for this service, can you find this out for me, the thread seems to have gone quiet since i asked rfor some assistance?

How much will it cost to ascertain? Co House?

I want to post the claim Monday latest?

Chrs

Comment

Originally posted by tazza View Post
            to issue the small claim over the net?

Happy to pay for this service, can you find this out for me, the thread seems to have gone quiet since i asked rfor some assistance?

How much will it cost to ascertain? Co House?

I want to post the claim Monday latest?
            Companies House info (office hours only) is on 0870- 333 3636. This is probably the most helpful telephone service of all HMG Departments.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

How did you all get on

Just wondering how everyone has got on trying to get there money back?

If you have any info that could help please reply or PM me.

Comment

mixed bag

Thanks for the question, its good to share hopefully positive experiences. My recovery efforts have been mixed.

Working by myself and hassling Ahuja (well, one of his team as he is very careful not to speak to you personally otherwise he can be subject to a complaint to the ICAEW, of which he is a member and somehow gets away with it this way). I have managed to get £1k of my £2k back in 2 very painful £500 instalments over the last few months. Ahuja have promised another deal in lieu of the remaining £1k but no deals have been forthcoming yet so I should be entitled to a refund of the remainder should nothing come to pass. Probably a company to steer well clear of. All they do if offer you deals straight from estate agents anyway.

I also engaged someone called Derek at SourceLocateCollect recommended by a Forum member who had apparently had success in the past, but I would not recommend taking this approach either as nothing at all has come of it in over 3 months, in fact its been quite tortuous in itself. I am letting it roll however and will update if any positive progress happens.

If anyone knows any debt collectors who have proven delivery of real success in a reasonable time could you let me know?

I have actually been more successful recently in negotiating with people who owe me money by getting on and doing it myself, so maybe I should set up in business myself!

Cheers

Tazza

Comment

I have only really heard negative things about Ahuja when I was looking in the past. I was interested in property investment and looking for an opportunity to make money so I went on a property course that has really put everything into perspective for me. They are called Property Mentor and offer free taster sessions where you can learn how to invest and make money in property and now I am a landlord of several properties and have long term tenants. I would really recommend it as the level of insight and ongoing support is amazing.
                  Last edited by Editor; 22-04-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

ahuja

as for progress, i gave up in the end, i got some advice from the ICAEW, of which he is a supposed member, and because I was never put onto him directly and continually fobbed off by his minions, I couldnt even register a complsint against the guy. so here is unethical activity going on right under the ICAEW's noses and nothing to be done. shame they can't just take a look on google!

The debt collector I chose, recommended by someone on this thread, tood 300 quid up front (durrrrr) and then went bust, so my attempt at getting the cash via professional collection went sour too, so I decided to get on with my life, the hassle I was going through to try to get my grand back was ending up costing me more than that in time!

I know someone who went for Ahuja and spent nearly 100k chasing him. has anyone else had any recent experiences? I just hope that new investors look on google first before choosing a partner to help buy houses with.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to The beginning
                      by jpkeates
                      Some people are always forced to sell (the three D's, death, debt and divorce are traditional estate agent's friends).
                      But I think most people simply won't do anything - buy or sell
                      There's been a plague, people are worried about a recession (and the future of their jobs) and we hard Brexit...
                      02-06-2020, 16:32 PM
                    • The beginning
                      by JoshyT
                      How will landlords on here react to houseprice declines and renters with lower disposable incomes?

What strategies do you have in place?

Are there any landlords to be waiting to pick up some bargains in the short to medium term?

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/m...
                      01-06-2020, 12:12 PM
                    • Reply to The beginning
                      by Kape65
                      Unfortunately for the housing market it often talks itself into a slide. Buyers who may be already wary are going to consider delaying their purchase now in case of a drop, hoping to bag a bargain. Anybody that HAS to sell may well be forced into accepting lower prices which then re-sets ceiling prices....
                      02-06-2020, 15:41 PM
                    • Reply to The beginning
                      by hech123
                      Wow I am amazed people are forecasting massive falls in house prices. I actually had to read the article to believe it. It just goes to show how thick most of these so called experts are. I mean you have to be some kind of thick to believe that there is going to be some kind of huge sell off when...
                      02-06-2020, 14:18 PM
                    • Reply to The beginning
                      by doobrey
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52847319...
                      02-06-2020, 07:59 AM
                    • Reply to Buying a refurb project as a BTL
                      by leasee123
                      Thanks a lot for the useful comments and sorry it took a bit of time to get back to you on this. I did view the house and indeed it required a full refurb. All the carpets were removed, kitchen gutted out except for the sink and some dated units and bathroom that had the sink, toilet and bath but...
                      01-06-2020, 14:54 PM
                    • Buying a refurb project as a BTL
                      by leasee123
                      Quick question - is it possible to buy a house that needs a complete refurb (but nothing structural or anything major) on a buy to let mortgage? Looking at a house that requires a full refurb to let out. Plan is to refurb straight away after completion and then let out. I know you can do this via...
                      24-05-2020, 20:36 PM
                    • Reply to The beginning
                      by jpkeates
                      Houseprices only matter when someone is buying, selling or borrowing money on a property.

I don't expect people to have lower disposable incomes.
                      In a recession people tend to either have the same income or have a huge change in living standards.
                      I'd expect the demand for rental...
                      01-06-2020, 13:11 PM
                    • Reply to The beginning
                      by BTL investor
                      It’ll effect different people in different ways, Landlords that are highly leveraged may struggle just like homeowners may struggle if they work in a sector that has been put on hold due to lockdown.
                      Some Landlords will be hoping to pick up a bargain as will some first time buyers with deposits...
                      01-06-2020, 12:28 PM
                    • Reply to Is it worth me getting a mortgage? And would I get the tax benefit in this scenario?
                      by mlod42
                      My point is he says you have nothing to lose by going to uni as you won't pay back the loan if you don't earn over £25,000 because of your degree, but in actual fact it is possible to earn over £25,000 without a degree - I find myself earning around £40,000 a year doing work that I don't need a degree...
                      01-06-2020, 10:19 AM
                    Working...
                    X