BMV investments/brokers- Ahuja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMV investments/brokers- Ahuja?

In April this year, I paid £350 deposit to register with Ahuja Group's BMV property finding service. They claim to find and offer BMV deals to clients, and the sourcing fee depends on the BMV %age - the higher the discount, the greater the sourcing fee.

I was offered 2 properties, neither of which met my criteria, but have had nothing since early June. I have sent numerous emails, made numerous phone calls, and completed an online refund request, but still haven't had my money back. In fact, none of my calls or emails have received any response.

Has any one else had a similar experience with tthem or any bother property finding service? I'm resigned to losing the £350, not a big deal, But I just hate paying for something I don't get. My opinion would be to give Ahuja group a wide berth.

Originally posted by vrodrig View Post
    In April this year, I paid £350 deposit to register with Ahuja Group's BMV property finding service. They claim to find and offer BMV deals to clients, and the sourcing fee depends on the BMV %age - the higher the discount, the greater the sourcing fee.

I was offered 2 properties, neither of which met my criteria, but have had nothing since early June. I have sent numerous emails, made numerous phone calls, and completed an online refund request, but still haven't had my money back. In fact, none of my calls or emails have received any response.

Has any one else had a similar experience with tthem or any bother property finding service? I'm resigned to losing the £350, not a big deal, But I just hate paying for something I don't get. My opinion would be to give Ahuja group a wide berth.
    Why not try suing AG? Issue a £350 (+ Court fees) debt claim in Small Claims Court- unless AG defends it, you get judgment by default.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

TIP FOR LIFE:

Never pay up front for any service of any kind ...........pay people on results........period.

The Rodent
      A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
      W.Churchill

Comment

Ahuja

I have had a bad experience with Ahuja and would never use them again

Comment

Hi All,

Ajay ahuja, well where to start. There is several ways to attempt to get your monies back. You can serve court proceedings on him via moneyclaim online or get under his nose and make him pay you just to get rid of you. Thats what I done. I complained to The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales for his professional ethics or lack of them. They started to look into the matter and I received my reservation fee back within 10days of £3500. I think he just wanted to see the back of me!

Jax

Comment

BMV brokers/ companies

Afternoon fellow landlords.

Was wondering who you would recommend to source BMV deals from, have the finance in place but there seem to be a lot of time wasters around. Any good companies you would recommend/ have used?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by freddie1 View Post
              Afternoon fellow landlords.

Was wondering who you would recommend to source BMV deals from, have the finance in place but there seem to be a lot of time wasters around. Any good companies you would recommend/ have used?

Regards
              Are you a broker, vendor selling-up, purchase buying-in, or what else, please?
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Am an investor looking to buy more.

Comment

Have had a look at the following sites:

www.ahuja.co.uk - seems ok but lack of info

www.propertyhorizons.co.uk - naff site, wouldn't trust them

www.bmvbrokers.com - descent site, not a massive amount of info but will

give them a call

will give these a try, was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Freddie,

Will PM you, only comment is do not approach www.ahuja.co.uk as lets say I can supply you with a list of over 100 investors who have used him in the past and would never do it again. Will not enter into discussion on a public forum on this and issues surrounding this. Best to say that experience and information given results in not to use.

Jax

Originally posted by freddie1 View Post
                    Have had a look at the following sites:

www.ahuja.co.uk - seems ok but lack of info

www.propertyhorizons.co.uk - naff site, wouldn't trust them

www.bmvbrokers.com - descent site, not a massive amount of info but will

give them a call

will give these a try, was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Comment

Cheers Jax, just been on the phone to www.bmvbrokers.com - seem excellent for the first call. Will try a few others and report back.

I thought Ahuja looked a bit like that

Comment

Hi Freddie,

I had someone email me just the other day via this forum regarding Ahuja. He was not a happy chappy, I am in the process of helping him with advice to recover the monies due to him by Ahuja.

Jax

Comment

Unbelievable - seems there are quite a few sharks in this perticular pond. Good luck with your claim.

Comment

UPDATE.

Just done a deal with BMV Brokers (www.bmvbrokers.com) - 34% market value, yeild 11%, excleent service and fantastic portfolio of properties.

For your information these chaps seem very good and worth a call.

Comment

I had an email from someone wanting to purchase a property that we are dealing with. It seemed that what they were doing was apparently fradulant. They were asking us to increase the asking price of this property and they would offer the full (increased) asking price but the vendor would not see a benifit of this increase and infact take a £23,000 reduction. This £23,000 deficit is there to pay the companies 'finders fee' and their solicitors fees.

Seemed a bit odd. They suggested a name of the person that would be dealing with the legal side of the purchase for their client who they are sourcing the property for but a quick check on companies house shows that the company of solicitors was not in the best of shapes.

I havent had much to do with BMV purchases but is this normal practice?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X