Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using an Innovative Finance ISA to fund my properties

Hi

Is it possible to use the peer to peer function of innovative ISAs to lend to my own rental company? This would mean my funds stay in an ISA wrapper instead of taking them out to fund purchases.

I think you need to ask hmrc about your plan .

Comment

also the fees charged by peer to peer platforms might out weight the gains.

Comment

Looking into it further, these need to be set up via ISA approved peer to peer platforms and they have fees that way exceed any gains. Interesting hypothetical arrangement but not practical.

Comment

As you said "they have fees that way exceed any gains." -- it sounds like fraud.

Comment

I bet this is one of those schemes where the tax man finally gets fed up, in about ten years time, gets it declared illegal, and asks you for all the back taxes plus interest.
            To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unfair competition
              by Codger
              The private rented sector faces unfair competition from subsidised public housing. We are also more stringently policed by local authorities.
              When i pay taxes some of it is spent on putting me out of business.
              And the rules keep changing during contracts not just for new investments...
              06-08-2022, 14:41 PM
            • Reply to Unfair competition
              by jpkeates
              Just the people to have empathy with the customers of social housing.

Not for profit doesn't mean that there's a lot of money being made....
              08-08-2022, 12:37 PM
              by theartfullodger
              Then you'll be getting a job as one, the logical action if you really believed this.

May I 'umbly assert you have zero evidence for your assertion....
              08-08-2022, 11:59 AM
              by jpucng62
              There is room for everybody in the rental sector and more! What we need to do is build more affordable housing so that everyone can afford to buy or rent a home.
              08-08-2022, 10:28 AM
              by Ted.E.Bear
              Social housing was introduced in order to clear the slums that were created when private landlords had free reign.
              I think that paying benefits so that private landlords can profit is not a particularly good use of public money, it would be more efficient to build homes that don't need to provide...
              08-08-2022, 08:57 AM
              by DoricPixie
              Go and set up a housing association and appoint yourself CEO if you think it’s that kooshdie....
              08-08-2022, 04:12 AM
              by gnvqsos
              What is a housing CEO? How can you comment on their role in such an uninformed manner. Any tenants reading your comments would lose any respect they have for landlords. You should sell up and let another person run your properties ,with a little humility and less self-pity.
              07-08-2022, 19:42 PM
              by Codger
              Being a housing ceo is a doddle compared with being a btl landlord.
              Lots of professional help, newbuild properties to rent out government subsidies, no phone calls from tenants......
              I should be getting the whopping salary not them!
              07-08-2022, 19:24 PM
              by boletus
              I agree. My DSS tenants have to pay 40% income tax on my rents. Plus 20% section 24 tax on my loans....
              07-08-2022, 11:26 AM
            • Is now the time to sell up?
              by humptydumpty
              This feels very much like 2006 to me but worse. I got outbid at auction last month in style. I set a sensible price and wasn't even close. Two maniacs duelled it out £50,000 over the odds on a fire damaged property!

I wasn't even excited to get my teeth into it at the price I bid anyway....
              11-07-2022, 23:11 PM
            Working...
            X