Own property in Partnership, can we transfer to LTD w/o paying Stamp Duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own property in Partnership, can we transfer to LTD w/o paying Stamp Duty?

Hi

I own a HMO property which I purchased in partnership with a family friend, however, I am keen to transfer this into a LTD/SPV for tax reasons. I was told by a friend that if the property is owned in partnership, there may be an opportunity to migrate this to a LTD/SPV without having to pay any stamp duty or capital gains?

Please could any share any advise on this?

There are various companies "out there" who claim that they can facilitate this.
    I do not believe them and would, personally, have nothing to do with them.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I might be slightly off but as I understand it, if HMRC formally confirm that the current arrangement does constitute a Partnership then after formal confirmation one is able to transfer into a Ltd Company but my shrinking grey cells suggest this cannot be done for 24 months after acceptance of the Partnership.
      i would strongly suggest talking with a suitably qualified accountant and not as jpkeates talks about a “Trust adviser, as my accountant states they are very focused on the fees to be levied.

Comment

It is allowed to transfer property assets from partnership to limited company and delay payment of CGT. Best to consult an accountant for advice .

https://www.gov.uk/incorporation-relief

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X