FirstDirect - Consent To Let - is it possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a good private school in our area for around 5k. That sounds a fairer option rather than trying to circumvent the rules.

Comment

You are not being forced to rent. You are making a choice to because you want a school place that you're not entitled to.

To me this might not be as bad as benefit fraud but it's not far off.

Comment

If the rules are that the family have to be resident in the catchment area for 18 months (and not have an empty property elsewhere) before a child can be considered for the school competitive entry, the OP seems to be simply following the rules.

And the attempt is to improve the position of a child, which is hard to fault.
        It's not something I would do myself (comprehensive schooled myself), but there you go.

The practical issue is that First Direct aren't going to cooperate.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Totally agree from a parental point of view that it's hard to fault, parents will do whatever they want regardless of impact to others. Just look at the college admissions scandal in the USA.

But the right way would be to comply properly with the rules and move, permanently.

Comment

a lot of people do this - rent elsewhere for a bit for school purpose and then move back once the place at school is confirmed. you say that there is no grammar school at your neighbourhood - then apply for a comprehensive and if you want the elite education for your child - opt for a private school or perhaps sell your house and move to the grammar school area.

Comment

The proper way is buy a property in new school area and passport your mortgage to the new property .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X