Sell or Keep BTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would ensure the property offers good accommodation for a suitable tenant and persist in holding the property, as we all know,property is cyclical and what goes down invariably goes up and beyond pre-existing levels.( geographic exceptions can apply )

Comment

Never sell, only buy! (although occasionally I break my own rules)!

Comment

Tend to agree. There are exceptions, but I think the ideal (and default) holding time is 'forever'.
        There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

You cant make an informed decision without valuations. (guesswork) I would be inclined to get it valued, then put it up for sale at £25.000 more than it was valued at. With prices at the moment you could strike lucky and find someone who will pay what you are asking. In the meantime start doing it up and if in 2 months time there are no buyers, then rent it out. Telling the Estate Agent they have 2 months will make them work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
            That’s a far better return than anything else.
            Originally posted by SpringGreen View Post
            I agree!
            I don't. There are are various things at various times that have produced a return above 7.5%.

This is not a recommendation to buy, but FWIW the S&P 500 is generally quoted as having returned around 8% annualised since adopting its current form (top 500 companies) in the fifties, and low double digits since its origin in 1926. In the past year (which is not, of course, very representative of the long-term trend) it is up around 40%.
            There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X