Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to LTD

Hello!

I have a high income via PAYE on my day to day job, so the BTL income pushes me high into top tax brackets and I generally have huge tax liabilities.

Thinking of moving some properties to LTD. Am I too late to the game? How long do you think the current rules will last and it won't be a waste of resources to pay stamp duty and any cgt due to transferring to ltd only for rules to change in a couple of years time?

Also what lenders are you guys using and what are rates like at the moment?

Thanks!

If you are in the 40% tax bracket, then your rental income will also be taxed at the same rate.

Companies pay corporation tax at 19% ( but this may go to 25% in 2023 if the company's annual profit exceeds £50K )

Interest rates for mortgage loans to companies are higher compared to interest rates for properties held under personal name.

Comment

Company borrowings have the benefit of having a lower rental stress Calculations compared particularly to High Rate Tax Payers which can prove a major USP in securing competitive long term funding.
      Without question many clients have chosen to use an SPV to buy properties, how long the tax concessions will continue is open to debate and as we all accept Landlords & BtL are in the headlights of all political parties. Given the parlours state of the economy following Post Covid the CofE could readily take steps to marginalise any advantages available to Ltd Co’s , when is the big question.
      I do not consider Ltd Co rates as being significantly higher than those for individuals , the rates depending on the Loan to Value are only marginally higher but taking account of the tax concessions on mortgage interest plus more generous rental stress calculations have been the driving force of moving BtL activities via SPVco’s.
      Might I suggest that before you proceed further , seek out a suitably qualified Chad/ Certified Accountant and discuss all aspects of such a move.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mortgage loan management
        by broodly
        Hi,
        Kindly help me I am stuck in a big problem. I face a big loss in business and because of that many of my property has been sold. I have to pay a loan of bank and don't have much money. I got only 10000$ in my account right now and no one here to guide me. My friend suggest me to contact truthinequity...
        16-04-2021, 05:51 AM
      • Reply to Mortgage loan management
        by loanarranger
        Broodly I am sorry to learn of your plight but I fear that you need advice closer to home as Truthinequity is an organisation operating in the USA and from my research does not operate in the U.K.
        Clearly their web site and promo seems tantalising good but I cannot make any comments n its pro...
        16-04-2021, 06:53 AM
      • Reply to Leasehold problem
        by Gordon999
        Insist on a leasehold title with peppercorn ground rent and the legal ownership of the building will collectively belong to the leaseholders.
        14-04-2021, 13:42 PM
      • Leasehold problem
        by dizzymill
        Hi. Trying to buy a flat in a block of 4 in a purpose built block as a BTL. The owner converted the block and has now put 2 flats up for sale. These have not had a lease on them as up to now the original owner had them rented out. We have been told by BM solutions that a lease must be in place before...
        12-04-2021, 18:33 PM
        by loanarranger
        And to add to JPKeats response , check the Service & Ground Rent Charges , how much is already in reserve for the maintenance and redecoration of the common parts , selling off units is perfectly ok but As there are no leases in place ,the vendor may have an ulterior motive so YES get the lease...
        13-04-2021, 21:26 PM
        by jpkeates
        Nothing to do with the mortgage, but you'd be nuts to try and review and agree a lease at completion.
        You're buying the leasehold interest, you need to know what you're about to pay a huge sum of money for.
        13-04-2021, 11:32 AM
        by loanarranger
        I regret to say that this is normally a pre-requisite of all lenders not just BM Solutions but may differ for Scotland. I am surprised that the vendor hasn’t done this prior to marketing the two flats.
        To understand here is the published criteria from BM which fully explains their policy to...
        12-04-2021, 21:43 PM
      • Reply to Positive News for Landlords
        by loanarranger
        You make a fair point and one which I cannot but agree with but as with what I try to do on the Forum I simply report the news and media comment from lenders and other related parties.
        10-04-2021, 15:30 PM
      • Positive News for Landlords
        by loanarranger
        I am detailing an article which has appeared in a leading Trade publication and written by Bob Young C.E.O of Fleet Mortgages which sets out his thoughts and the information gleaned from the recent Capital Economics Report on the Housing Sector. Well worth reading over a cup of coffee

"...
        10-04-2021, 11:23 AM
      • Reply to Positive News for Landlords
        by royw
        Sounds like spin to me. There's a stamp duty holiday but the price increase in my area far exceeds the tax saving. Not sure how that benefits Joe Public. Funny how they are completely blind to the problem of evicting non paying tenants, added costs with eicr and EPC and potential removal of S21. I haven't...
        10-04-2021, 13:11 PM
      Working...
      X