Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy to let in Manchester

Hi everyone,

I am going to do a buy-to-let in Manchester. Planning to have a semidetached or terraced, with refurb. perhaps in the southwest or northwest region. Is it hard to find a tenant?

Usu how long should I expect to have a tenant? And is there any tools online I can use to get some ideas?

Thank you!!

This website may help you:

https://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_...ter_manchester

Comment

Manchester can be a minefield (like all big cities, I guess) - you need to choose your area carefully. Agent-managed or not, you don't want to end up with Frank Gallagher as a tenant !

Fully research how much houses in an area rent for and sell for, and search daily to see how quickly they're renting and selling once listed.

If I were buying, I'd choose an area like Dane Bank or Reddish (yes, technically not Manchester, but still within the M60). Slightly more expensive than nearby Gorton, with a lower yield, but you'll attract a better class of tenant, and generally get a better capital appreciation. I say like, because I'd recommend finding an area near where you live - ideally no more than a 20 minute drive.

Tenants mostly don't even know themselves how long they're going to stay, despite often having plans. Mine usually stay between 1 and 3 years before moving on.

Comment

You should visit the local estate agents and ask what is the waiting time for finding a tenant . I guess a semi-detach house with off -street parking may be quicker than on the road outside a row of terrace house

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X