Repayment of BTL mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repayment of BTL mortgage

I have a BTL mortgage with TMW. The mortgage was organised by my broker.

I want to make a one off payment for the whole balance. Do I have to go through my mortgage broker? Or can I go directly through TMW.

Quite specific but thanks in advance.

Yes indeed you can deal directly with TMW even though the mortgage was arranged on your behalf by a broker.
    i am assuming that the mortgage is outside of its original mortgage incentive period, I.e 2/3/5 year product putting aside the full term of the loan facility.
    Assuming that it is outside of its Early Redemption Penalty, you need to ask TMW for redemption figures to the date which you intend to redeem the loan. Ensure that you have everything in place to remit by BACS the full amount due including any fees attributable to the redemption. They in turn will seal the deeds as being paid and notify the Land Registry that their charge is no longer in force.
    Hope this snapshot gives you the answer you are seeking.

Comment

If OP is already charged interest at "standard variable rate", does this mean the outstanding mortgage loan can be repaid without penalty ?

Comment

If the loan is outside of its original incentive period then the answer is a categoric yes Unless and doubtful in current product schemes there is an extended Early Redemption Penalty. It will all be mentioned in the Mortgage Offer and the Illustration which was provided at the outset.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Moving to LTD
          by loanarranger
          Company borrowings have the benefit of having a lower rental stress Calculations compared particularly to High Rate Tax Payers which can prove a major USP in securing competitive long term funding.
          Without question many clients have chosen to use an SPV to buy properties, how long the tax concessions...
          08-03-2021, 21:06 PM
        • Moving to LTD
          by dizzly
          Hello!

I have a high income via PAYE on my day to day job, so the BTL income pushes me high into top tax brackets and I generally have huge tax liabilities.

Thinking of moving some properties to LTD. Am I too late to the game? How long do you think the current rules will last...
          07-03-2021, 21:33 PM
        • Reply to Obtaining another mortgage?
          by loanarranger
          Don’t waste our time, you or your friend has driven a coach & horses through the terms of your residential mortgage and you concede that you / friend have, letting as a holiday let plus an occasional lodger. No self respecting broker would give you the time of day given that you again seem to...
          08-03-2021, 20:52 PM
        • Obtaining another mortgage?
          by Telometer
          This seems to be trickier than originally envisaged.

An individual owns and lives in a house in London with a significant residential mortgage. This is generally let out to holiday lets for 2-3 months a year and sometimes has a lodger. These sources of income much more than cover mortgage...
          08-03-2021, 19:57 PM
        • Reply to Moving to LTD
          by Gordon999
          If you are in the 40% tax bracket, then your rental income will also be taxed at the same rate.

Companies pay corporation tax at 19% ( but this may go to 25% in 2023 if the company's annual profit exceeds £50K )

Interest rates for mortgage loans to companies are higher...
          08-03-2021, 16:25 PM
        • Reply to Assured Rental Scheme on New builds
          by jpkeates
          People who are soon parted from their money (in my personal opinion).

You have to ask why the developer is doing this kind of deal.
          It's not to benefit you....
          08-03-2021, 13:33 PM
        • Assured Rental Scheme on New builds
          by Lesley. H
          Hello, hoping someone with experience may be able to advise!
          I am considering purchasing an off plan apartment with an assured rental for 10 years. What are the potential pitfalls with these purchases please ?
          05-03-2021, 13:12 PM
          by Lesley. H
          Thanks all for your replies, I'm researching further. We can't be the only ones interested in this ......
          I wonder who buys all of these properties...
          08-03-2021, 10:10 AM
          by loanarranger
          If it is a cash purchase you can do exactly what you like but definitely not with the benefit of a mortgage.
          07-03-2021, 21:20 PM
        • Budget 2021 95% mortgages back
          by Bixwier
          i wonder what the details are going to be?

could a couple on min wage really get a 95% government mortgage with only a 5% deposit?
          27-02-2021, 18:34 PM
        Working...
        X