Accountancy Forum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountancy Forum ?

A few years ago, I belonged to an Accountancy Forum - I think it was accountingweb.

That forum has practically vanished into some fancy modern looking website and is mostly useless as a forum.

Can anyone recommend a decent accountancy forum for the UK ?

My accountant has quoted me £500+VAT for our accounts this year which is bonkers for the work involved (seiss grants, small self-employment income (me) and property income for both my wife and I).

I'm trying to build up my knowledge so that I can approach a new accountant a little better prepared for what I want.

Thanks

That doesn't sound too expensive to me. Perhaps get some quotes from other accountants.

Comment

SEISS grants is taxable income.

So your own tax return should be for declaring (1) "self-employ income" + ( 2) SEISS grant + (3) 50% of the rental profit.

Perhaps you could handle the SATR (self assessment tax return ) online by yourself.

and wife's tax return is just for 50% of the rental profit.

If her share of the profit is under £12,500 , then wife has no tax to pay. This is reported by paper tax return.

Comment

Which is why I think £600 inc VAT is waaay too much for an accountant.

I shall be submitting my own accounts I think.

When we come to sell the properties, we can pay an accountant at that time I think.

That wont be any time soon as they are our income to go alongside state pension in 15 years time.

lol it will probably be down to the donkey sanctuary or dogs home to see what they can get from our estate.

Comment

approach other local accountants. Sounds like your current accountant doesn’t want your business

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Should we start a Ltd Company?
            by Meggs
            Hi All

What is it that pushes people to put their properties into a Ltd Company, should I do this?

So currently, my fiancée has a flat we plan to sell in a year or two for a freehold house. I have just inherited half a house purchasing the other half from my sister. It requires...
            19-04-2021, 08:19 AM
          • Reply to Should we start a Ltd Company?
            by jpkeates
            There isn't really a one size fits all answer to this.
            You probably need to work it through with an accountant, so you can model the alternatives.

One point to consider is that you don't "transfer" property to the company, the company buys it from you (and everyone pays...
            19-04-2021, 10:24 AM
          • Must own 2nd house for BTL acceptance
            by rachel_89
            Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I have a plan and I'm worried there might be a flaw in it. I don't own any property right now and never have. I am planning on buying my first property worth £200,000 in the next two months with a regular residential mortgage and I want to live in it for about...
            18-03-2021, 10:45 AM
          • Reply to Must own 2nd house for BTL acceptance
            by Meggs
            Welcome

I am pretty new here too and into the property world so can only speak from my own (few) experiences.

Is this first property you're buying help-to-buy free? If so check you T&Cs in the mortgage agreement. Myself and my Fiancée managed to rent her property out as...
            19-04-2021, 07:42 AM
          • Leasehold problem
            by dizzymill
            Hi. Trying to buy a flat in a block of 4 in a purpose built block as a BTL. The owner converted the block and has now put 2 flats up for sale. These have not had a lease on them as up to now the original owner had them rented out. We have been told by BM solutions that a lease must be in place before...
            12-04-2021, 18:33 PM
          • Reply to Leasehold problem
            by Lawcruncher
            Just to confirm: The lender is insisting that a lease is actually in place before you apply for a mortgage?
            18-04-2021, 11:16 AM
          • Tenants in common: Individual names and Limited company on one title
            by anilvek
            Hi all

Basically, before I start, I have spoken to accountants and solicitors who think I am frankly absurd and my proposal is something that is unheard of following which I have decided to not to go with this route, given changing landscape of BTL I wanted to ascertain how absurd my fellow...
            08-04-2021, 12:22 PM
          • Reply to Tenants in common: Individual names and Limited company on one title
            by Gordon999
            In post no. 1 , you said :

" Solicitors/Accountant thoughts:
            1. They have never seen this happen and its odd
            2. How will you sort the rental income be sorted between individuals and company
            3. HMRC may not like this"

Your solicitor and accountant may be the odd ones if they...
            18-04-2021, 05:29 AM
          • Reply to Leasehold problem
            by Gordon999
            Its not purpose built block , because its a conversion into 4 flats from an existing freehold house.

Usually flats are sold under leasehold title in UK because mortgage lenders insist on flat having a maintenance agreement for the property as a condition for offering the loan.
            18-04-2021, 05:13 AM
          • Reply to Selling with 88 years lease remaining
            by Gordon999
            The procedure for statutory 90 years lease extension is a legal right given to every leaseholder after 2 years .

The free guides on "statutory 90 years lease extension" and "valuation of cost of lease extension" can be downloaded from LEASE ( www.lease-advice...
            18-04-2021, 04:00 AM
          Working...
          X