New Build - Legal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Gordon999, furthermore the Law Society in Best Practice and endorsed by the FCA is for a broker to provide names of three firms but with no bias on one , it is then unto the client to source quotes and make the decision themselves. House Builders are very adept at convincing purchasers of the benefits of using one firm who has acted on the majority of such properties and can expedite the conveyance process. In such instances run like blazes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
      Ask for a reduction of £ 900 in the sale price.
      second this

Comment

loanarranger,

I was thinking the Law Society requires the solicitor to act for the client ( the property buyer ) but if the solicitor turns out to let ground rents doubling up after every 10 years in the lease go unchallenged because they are paid by the developer, the situation becomes an offence under the Fraud Act 2006.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Some Newbie Interest Only Q's
          by BTL investor
          RedRanger apparently already has 125k in cash savings to use as deposits on 5 properties but didn’t answer a question I asked a while ago about how much each property would cost. I assume they will be very cheap properties if 125k is going to cover 5 deposits and associated buying costs. OP might...
          01-10-2020, 09:13 AM
        • Some Newbie Interest Only Q's
          by RedRanger
          Hi,

Could someone help with a couple of newbie questions in regards to interest only BTL mortgages;

1) To achieve the most competitive rate throughout your mortgage term (e.g. 25 years) do you just keeping on remortgaging after each initial term is over? On a side note assuming...
          30-09-2020, 18:53 PM
          by Beswick
          In my opinion, it would be a good idea to ask these questions to a Mortgage Broker. They will provide answers, and also raise some points you probably hadn't thought of.

I used to be a Mortgage Adviser myself, and I have found loanarranger to be extremely knowledgeable on this forum -...
          01-10-2020, 08:36 AM
          by gnvqsos
          I would remortgage own home and finance house purchase thus.However given your lack of experience I would defer until having done some research.
          01-10-2020, 05:14 AM
          by BTL investor
          Most of the information you want should be available on google but:-
          1) Normally you would fix the mortgage for a set term i.e 3yrs, 5yrs etc then at the end of that you fix it again with which ever lender is offering the most competitive deal.
          2) If you stay on after the initial 5yr fixed...
          30-09-2020, 21:47 PM
          by loanarranger
          Hi RedRanger
          whilst you might take out a long term mortgage you initially will decide on how long you want to have the first incentive facility, 2/3/5 year fixed, Discount , Tracker, at the end of the incentive period you will have assessed whether to have the loan revert to that lenders variable...
          30-09-2020, 21:28 PM
          by RedRanger
          No I have never had a mortgage. I have been quite fortunate in that respect as I was given my current home by family and live mortgage free hence I know very little about mortgages....
          30-09-2020, 20:52 PM
          by BTL investor
          Have you ever had any type of mortgage before?
          30-09-2020, 19:26 PM
        • Mortgage News
          by loanarranger
          The following article has appeared in one of the Mortgage Trade journals reporting on views expressed by the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries an influential trade body within the mortgage industry.

"Mortgage rates are likely to rise in the first quarter of 2016 as lenders look...
          23-12-2015, 19:43 PM
        • Reply to Mortgage News
          by loanarranger
          is this going to be a trend going forward over the next few months??

Barclays is the second lender in 48 hours to announce of steps to manage what has become a nightmare in processing an increase in the number of mortgage applications for both purchases and Buy to Let. Below is an extract...
          30-09-2020, 16:13 PM
        Working...
        X