Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renovation Loan for a Right To Manage Company

Hello,

I am a director of a Right To manage company, and we need extensive renovations to our roof, and other parts of the building.

Does anyone know of a way to gather the funds to pay for this, like a loan or grant?

Is it possible for an RTM company to take on a loan?

I would imagine not. You should get it from the leaseholders, it is there responsibility. You may get a loan at high rates if there is any value in the Freehold if you own that but if you are just a RTM company with no assets then getting a loan would be extremely difficult . Really you should have a sinking fund in place for this kind of issue

Comment

Good point hech123, I would add that even if a bank were prepared to lend as unlikely as it is , why on earth would the Directors be prepared to give their Personal Guarantees forsuch borrowings. I fear that the liability rests in seeking a surcharge for the respective leaseholders to fund the costs involved.

Comment

How much is the roof repairs costing ? What is the contribution required by each flat ?

Some leaseholders may pay be able to pay by increasing their mortgage loan.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Selling half of portfolio
          by Chester Perry
          The very place I am at. Currently starting a top to bottom refurb of trashed empty property Ive just got back and undecided whether to sell, re let or just leave empty on completion....
          24-09-2020, 13:42 PM
        • Selling half of portfolio
          by Marty115
          Hi all,

I got into the market all at once between 2017-2018, paid a fair amount in stamp duty. I got into this as a long investment but looking into all the facts and figures and it just doesn't seem good enough. Stamp duty payments have pretty much cancelled out my appreciation. I get...
          09-09-2020, 21:44 PM
        • Reply to Is it a good time to buy a buy to let?
          by theartfullodger
          Iris. We can give you an accurate answer in 5 or 10 years time. Anything else a guess. But with covid19 & be++it I'm expecting rough times.

Bozo the clown's new son is holidaying on lake Como. Gives you confidence in our esteemed government?
          24-09-2020, 13:33 PM
        • Is it a good time to buy a buy to let?
          by Irisirene
          Hi, I am new to the btl. What does everyone think about a buy to let on the current economic situation?

We have 75% equity in our property and we are thinking about doing a buy to let, the uncertainty in the current market does worry us but it seems like a waste if we don’t make use...
          23-09-2020, 19:54 PM
          by Jon66
          You are not inexperienced and know the difficulties and the market.

I would not mortgage or remortgage my main residence for a buy to let at the moment and I'm experienced.
          If values fall as some predict you could be stuck with loan to value being high and unable to secure best rates....
          24-09-2020, 13:03 PM
          by Berlingogirl
          Sometimes I think now is a great time to get another BTL and then sometimes I don't. However, a property has come up next one I already own and it's in a good position re: railway, buses, Mways, shops and banks. It is a 2/3 bed with off street parking and cellar. I'm going for it....
          24-09-2020, 12:48 PM
          by doobrey
          Agreed. This sort of legislation seems the main reason for caution at the moment. I would say LL's risk exposure is higher now than it has been for a very long time, and there is no sign of that changing any time soon....
          24-09-2020, 08:41 AM
          by Celibin
          I meant more like Abolition of Section 21 Where is the govt plan on this?. Capital gains changes is something that can never be really predicted for the future
          There is quite a lot of scaremongering re all these things . House prices have always gone up and down...
          24-09-2020, 08:09 AM
          by Irisirene
          Thank you all for your wisdom

I hope I don’t sound silly, isn’t it relative?
          As we will be using our equity from our property to buy a second property when the market the price falls the value of our property with fall too?

Celibin
          Have you considered legislative...
          24-09-2020, 07:27 AM
          by Celibin
          If you think over the longer term that there will be tenants to pay the rent then do it.
          Provided you are not forced into selling as you cannot let then you will be fine as whatever happens longer term the recession will eventually end and prices recover.
          Have you considered legislative...
          24-09-2020, 06:07 AM
        Working...
        X