Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renovation Loan for a Right To Manage Company

Hello,

I am a director of a Right To manage company, and we need extensive renovations to our roof, and other parts of the building.

Does anyone know of a way to gather the funds to pay for this, like a loan or grant?

Is it possible for an RTM company to take on a loan?

I would imagine not. You should get it from the leaseholders, it is there responsibility. You may get a loan at high rates if there is any value in the Freehold if you own that but if you are just a RTM company with no assets then getting a loan would be extremely difficult . Really you should have a sinking fund in place for this kind of issue

Comment

Good point hech123, I would add that even if a bank were prepared to lend as unlikely as it is , why on earth would the Directors be prepared to give their Personal Guarantees forsuch borrowings. I fear that the liability rests in seeking a surcharge for the respective leaseholders to fund the costs involved.

Comment

How much is the roof repairs costing ? What is the contribution required by each flat ?

Some leaseholders may pay be able to pay by increasing their mortgage loan.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mortgages - Buy 2 Let v. Vacation Rentals
          by Halfbob
          On verge of organising a Buy to Let interest only mortgage at a pretty good rate but had a last minute rethink. May now do vacation Rentals in the property we're buying as the location lends itself to that and there's the Tax Advantage of Mortgage Interest being an allowable deduction from the Taxable...
          08-08-2020, 12:21 PM
        • Reply to Mortgages - Buy 2 Let v. Vacation Rentals
          by Halfbob
          Interesting, thanks for that. It would very much be a "summer season" and other School Holiday type Vacation Property, so that wouldn't be disastrous. Other than the fact that if it's available to Let for less than 210 days per year you can't claim Mortgage Interest Tax Relief. But then...
          09-08-2020, 18:53 PM
        • Reply to Anyone Buying At Present?
          by doobrey
          Yields seem fairly horrendous. £850 pcm on a £220k property is 4.6% gross with no voids.

Rental return is low, compliance requirements and risk are high.

I don't see much of a case for buying unless you can do something clever or find something genuinely underpriced.
          09-08-2020, 16:05 PM
        • Anyone Buying At Present?
          by woodbine66
          Wondering if BTL investors are buying at the moment, taking into account property prices and uncertainty over Corona, jobs and the economy? Property prices still seem to be holding up near me and lots still selling. Anyone care to predict what's going to happen to prices and demand in near future....
          04-08-2020, 12:27 PM
          by Section20z
          Don't forget that London already restricts holiday letting to 90 days a year (without planning consent) and it is likely other areas will follow with similar restrictions.
          09-08-2020, 14:45 PM
          by loanarranger
          Thanks for replying in such a professional manner.

If the short term lender indicates limited or zero demand having paid valuation and possibly non refundable applications fees, then your broker will need to research the BtL market and source a conventional lending option.
          Please...
          09-08-2020, 12:20 PM
          by Halfbob
          Absolutely no problem with that, and thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail.

I'm comfortable with regard to the surveyor acting for any lender confirming that the property is in an area where there is a strong demand for such accommodation. If there wasn't I would, and still...
          09-08-2020, 11:31 AM
        • Advice please selling to limited company
          by Stables
          I purchased a small fire damaged storage garage/unit (non residential) last year for £45,000, it was funded via personal savings and personal finance which my wife and I took out, so no outstanding mortgage.

I now wish to set up my own limited company and sell the unit to it. At some time...
          07-08-2020, 11:00 AM
        • Reply to Advice please selling to limited company
          by flyingfreehold
          if the sign a TR1 to transfer the property into a limited company the consideration (ie value of the property) is owed to you. It would be possible to grant a mortgage over the property in your favour. There are advantages of owning property in a limited liability company especially in relation to personal...
          09-08-2020, 10:42 AM
        • Reply to Advice please selling to limited company
          by Gordon999
          I suggest you visit 2 or 3 local shops ( for bookkeeping records and VAT returns for small local businesses ) and ask for quote for supply of "company ltd" and for preparing the annual return to Companies House and ask if the shop can do the transfer of property to company.
          09-08-2020, 09:21 AM
        Working...
        X