Residential to LTD BTL stamp duty on new house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably your best bet is to pop it into a small self administered pension fund; the stamp duty land tax is an absolute bugger if you'll pardon my French,

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post
      probably your best bet is to pop it into a small self administered pension fund; the stamp duty land tax is an absolute bugger if you'll pardon my French,
      Can you please explain further this option?

Comment

Mike, ATC makes an interesting suggestion but speak with a good accountant , he will explain all the positives and negatives surrounding your proposition then you can make a considered decision.

Comment

Can I buy a house with my pension fund?

Technically, you can buy residential property with your pension fund, but HMRC will hit you with a hefty taxable bill. This includes buy-to-let properties, which makes this route financially unviable, in the majority of cases.

Also, buying a house with your pension would mean it would form part of your estate and would be subject to inheritance tax after your death and any investment gains could also be taxed.

You can use your pension to buy residential property through a Residential Property Fund. But bear in mind that you won’t have control over which properties are invested in and you will also likely be hit with fund management fees and charges.

Comment

Also when the house valued over £0.5 Mil is owned by a company , the company has to pay ATED tax ?

Comment

Cheers Gordon, I think that is probably more than I would be interested in. I just read I might be exempt from the cgtax as its been my main residence for a while.

Thank you all for the advice around the stamp duty!

Comment

One correction to the above small self administered pension schemes can and usually are written in trust so that the lolly is outside one's estate for IHT

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X