2nd BTL advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd BTL advice

Good Evening I’m hoping to get some advice if possible.

I currently own 1 property which is owned out right and currently valued at £90k giving me a £450pm return .
    I'm now contemplating looking into another property circa of 100k . I’ve been advised the best option would be to remortgage my other rental using a interest only mortgage and then then use funds for the deposit on another property again with a interest only mortgage .
    I was told I should also set up a Limited Company and out the houses through this . How does this sound and along with possibly getting an accountant is there anything else I should consider or look at with regards to a second property.
    Any advice would be most helpful.

G

Raising capital on your present property is indeed positive advice, although funding is available to 80% I would suggest a prudent level of gearing being either 70/75%.
    Mid you intend to transfer the property into a new Limited Co then beware, HMRC will treat the transfer as a Sale & Purchase which means a potential Capital Fains Tax liability on your part and for the Company there will be Stamp Duty with a 3% SDLT premium if you have another property ( including main residence)
    once the Sale & Purchase is complete the remortgage can be undertaken by the company and possibly simultaneously with the purchase of the second property.
    Borrowing via the Ltd Co has slightly better tax advantages compared to financing in a personal capacity; in addition the rental stress calculation is more generous particularly if you are a Higher Tax payer. At this point I stress the importance of discussing the implications with a quality accountant, either Certified or Chartered, this will ensure you know exactly what you are getting into with such an arrangement.
    Interest Rates for Ltd Co BtL’s are not too adrift of normal BtL rates.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for the advice I think it maybe better to leave the 1st property out of the ltd company ... as you say the stamp duty etc will result in further charges etc .
      I appreciate the advice so thank you again

Comment

Always glad to help and welcome to the Forum

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to SDLT and purchase reservation fees
          by combo75
          I don't know, my head is spinning.

I have just been to look at a 4 bed Student let terraced house, currently let out £1850pcm.

The current landlord is diabolical and the students are complaining about the state of the place. It needs quite a bit of updating but it's not a...
          02-07-2020, 18:27 PM
        • SDLT and purchase reservation fees
          by ritfor
          Hello folks,

For second homes:

Purchasing a property for 33k. Reservation fee 6k. Total 39k = No SDLT.
          Purchasing a property for 35k. Reservation fee 6k. Total 41k = 3% SDLT.

This is correct isn't it?

Thanks.
          20-06-2020, 12:03 PM
          by BTL investor
          hech123,

You could be right, the truth is that nobody knows what’s going to happen that’s why the experts are predicting different outcomes but I struggle to see how me purchasing a property today for £200,000 with £7,500 of stamp duty and receiving a pre-tax and pre-expenses rental...
          02-07-2020, 11:41 AM
          by BTL investor
          combo75 I don’t see the attack on landlords coming to an end anytime soon, both labour and conservative governments have spent the last 3 or 4 decades funding free homes to asylum seekers, single mothers and pretty much anyone that doesn’t want to go to work to buy their own home or pay their own...
          02-07-2020, 11:11 AM
        • Reply to Renovation Loan for a Right To Manage Company
          by loanarranger
          Good point hech123, I would add that even if a bank were prepared to lend as unlikely as it is , why on earth would the Directors be prepared to give their Personal Guarantees forsuch borrowings. I fear that the liability rests in seeking a surcharge for the respective leaseholders to fund the costs...
          02-07-2020, 09:32 AM
        • Renovation Loan for a Right To Manage Company
          by AlleyRTM
          Hello,

I am a director of a Right To manage company, and we need extensive renovations to our roof, and other parts of the building.

Does anyone know of a way to gather the funds to pay for this, like a loan or grant?

Is it possible for an RTM company to take...
          30-06-2020, 04:39 AM
        • Reply to Renovation Loan for a Right To Manage Company
          by hech123
          I would imagine not. You should get it from the leaseholders, it is there responsibility. You may get a loan at high rates if there is any value in the Freehold if you own that but if you are just a RTM company with no assets then getting a loan would be extremely difficult . Really you should have...
          02-07-2020, 08:37 AM
          by hech123
          I very much doubt the market is going to have a correction downwards, I am really not even sure why any experts are predicting this. Large house price falls usually fall exponential growth in houses making them very unaffordable. Add to this that banks are well capitalised and looking to expand lending....
          02-07-2020, 08:32 AM
          by combo75
          Hi BTL, I am in the same position as you and I am sitting on quite a bit of money for deposits. But I am not willing to pay £16-22K in SDLT towards buying a property.

I have noticed that a lot of property seen in my area is coming down but not by enough.The furlough scheme is keeping everything...
          02-07-2020, 08:25 AM
          by ritfor
          Apologies Gordon, I should have said that the property would be in need of refurbishment....
          01-07-2020, 17:31 PM
        Working...
        X