2nd BTL advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd BTL advice

Good Evening I’m hoping to get some advice if possible.

I currently own 1 property which is owned out right and currently valued at £90k giving me a £450pm return .
    I'm now contemplating looking into another property circa of 100k . I’ve been advised the best option would be to remortgage my other rental using a interest only mortgage and then then use funds for the deposit on another property again with a interest only mortgage .
    I was told I should also set up a Limited Company and out the houses through this . How does this sound and along with possibly getting an accountant is there anything else I should consider or look at with regards to a second property.
    Any advice would be most helpful.

G

Raising capital on your present property is indeed positive advice, although funding is available to 80% I would suggest a prudent level of gearing being either 70/75%.
    Mid you intend to transfer the property into a new Limited Co then beware, HMRC will treat the transfer as a Sale & Purchase which means a potential Capital Fains Tax liability on your part and for the Company there will be Stamp Duty with a 3% SDLT premium if you have another property ( including main residence)
    once the Sale & Purchase is complete the remortgage can be undertaken by the company and possibly simultaneously with the purchase of the second property.
    Borrowing via the Ltd Co has slightly better tax advantages compared to financing in a personal capacity; in addition the rental stress calculation is more generous particularly if you are a Higher Tax payer. At this point I stress the importance of discussing the implications with a quality accountant, either Certified or Chartered, this will ensure you know exactly what you are getting into with such an arrangement.
    Interest Rates for Ltd Co BtL’s are not too adrift of normal BtL rates.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for the advice I think it maybe better to leave the 1st property out of the ltd company ... as you say the stamp duty etc will result in further charges etc .
      I appreciate the advice so thank you again

Comment

Always glad to help and welcome to the Forum

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Anyone Buying At Present?
          by amy131
          I own a 4 bed property in Bristol. Cost £195k in 2016, now worth £230-240k, all rooms very good sizes, ex. LA. The house has two reception rooms so I use one as the fourth bedroom. My rental yield currently is 8% with all bedrooms rented based on purchase price which is now on the low side for the...
          10-08-2020, 23:14 PM
        • Anyone Buying At Present?
          by woodbine66
          Wondering if BTL investors are buying at the moment, taking into account property prices and uncertainty over Corona, jobs and the economy? Property prices still seem to be holding up near me and lots still selling. Anyone care to predict what's going to happen to prices and demand in near future....
          04-08-2020, 12:27 PM
          by hech123
          Look further North. You can much better yields and the market is only getting going there. Lots of interest and competition...
          10-08-2020, 18:30 PM
        • Reply to Mortgage News
          by loanarranger
          Gatehouse Bank have announced their withdrawal from accepting mortgage applications on New Build Flats citing an increased volume of application for both Homeownership but also BtL investors. I suspect that they like other lenders are taking cover for the present until certification of Fire Safety compliance...
          10-08-2020, 09:41 AM
        • Mortgage News
          by loanarranger
          The following article has appeared in one of the Mortgage Trade journals reporting on views expressed by the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries an influential trade body within the mortgage industry.

"Mortgage rates are likely to rise in the first quarter of 2016 as lenders look...
          23-12-2015, 19:43 PM
        • Mortgages - Buy 2 Let v. Vacation Rentals
          by Halfbob
          On verge of organising a Buy to Let interest only mortgage at a pretty good rate but had a last minute rethink. May now do vacation Rentals in the property we're buying as the location lends itself to that and there's the Tax Advantage of Mortgage Interest being an allowable deduction from the Taxable...
          08-08-2020, 12:21 PM
        • Reply to Mortgages - Buy 2 Let v. Vacation Rentals
          by Halfbob
          Interesting, thanks for that. It would very much be a "summer season" and other School Holiday type Vacation Property, so that wouldn't be disastrous. Other than the fact that if it's available to Let for less than 210 days per year you can't claim Mortgage Interest Tax Relief. But then...
          09-08-2020, 18:53 PM
          by doobrey
          Yields seem fairly horrendous. £850 pcm on a £220k property is 4.6% gross with no voids.

Rental return is low, compliance requirements and risk are high.

I don't see much of a case for buying unless you can do something clever or find something genuinely underpriced.
          09-08-2020, 16:05 PM
          by Section20z
          Don't forget that London already restricts holiday letting to 90 days a year (without planning consent) and it is likely other areas will follow with similar restrictions.
          09-08-2020, 14:45 PM
          by loanarranger
          Thanks for replying in such a professional manner.

If the short term lender indicates limited or zero demand having paid valuation and possibly non refundable applications fees, then your broker will need to research the BtL market and source a conventional lending option.
          Please...
          09-08-2020, 12:20 PM
        Working...
        X